Author Topic: The wild strawberry  (Read 1768 times)

Ozzy aka Pothead

The wild strawberry
« on: June 30, 2004, 14:17:21 »
Yo Peeps

Today I tasted me very own 1st homegrown strawberry and as I munched into the beautiful red fruit this story came rushing back to me... its a Zen story I first came across when I was about 20.. and well into the way of Tao..... anyways I cant share the strawberry with you but will share this story with you... is a well old story this dead ancient like so here goes....

A man was being chased by a tiger....... To avoid being eaten alive, the man lept off a cliff and grabbed a vine where he hung from a great hieght ..... As the tiger swiped at him from above..... he looked down and saw another tiger far below waiting for him to fall..... To make matters worse, a mouse began chewing on the vine. At this moment, the man spotted a luscious wild strawberry growing out of the cliff side. So holding the vine with one hand, he picked the strawberry... then   the vine broke.. ...and as the man went hurtling down to his certain death...he popped the wild straberry into his mouth  ..........and thought to himself  "how sweet is life"...

Hopes you all understands this... for me its about appreciating today and the now....  the strawberry really did taste amazing...  pure magic it was....

Zai Tian  (is chinese for adios that is)

Oz  

:-* :-* :-*

Ive had to well edit this cus aint sure if I got story right but jist is there I hope
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 14:23:30 by Ozzy aka Pothead »

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:The wild strawberry
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 14:21:59 »
Nice little tale there Oz!!!

Glad you enjoyed your strawberry - don't they always taste soooo much better when you've grown them all by yourself?

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

rdak

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 14:45:45 »
I thought he was going to give the strawberry to the mouse, then it might have stopped chewing the vine.

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 19:49:31 »
Wild story man! Love it!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 01:48:08 »
Yo Peeps

I has bin in Strawberrry heaven I has and to cap it all been on a strawberry trip... not only strawberry fields forever but also  I dropped down in the witchwood... to see what I could find ...... the trees had taken time out .. to blow away my mind..... was dead brill trip and highly recommend a google on strawberry and a few smokes to get that hippy factor back  ;) ;) ;)

Anyways in short I has found this little snippet of information.. which incidently anyone heard "Information" by No Roots?  is gooood... anyways where is I? ..?   BRB........ yeah I found this lil sniipit of Info I did about the strawbery so will go find it and cut and paste it here in a minute or two.. as soon as I opens another window and then finds it like... hate all this techie jargon I does anyways heres it is now.....

WILD STRAWBERY
(Fragaria vesca - Rose Family)

Edible and medicinal value: Western Indians prepared a tea from the green leaves of the Strawberry plant. They also made use of the tiny, sweet fruit of the Strawberry.

Indians ate wild Strawberries for colds even before vitamin C was known. Juice from the wild Strawberry was mixed with water and used to bathe reddened eyes. This juice was also squeezed into inflamed sores and often showed healing effects. It was also used to relieve sunburn. A tea made from dried leaves was used for kidney trouble and relieving stomach trouble.

Minutemen from the American Revolution were saved from scurvy by drinking a tea made from the fresh green foliage of the wild Strawberry.

Indians would make bitters from wild Strawberry roots and use it as a tonic and blood purifier after a long cold winter. Wild Strawberries were mashed into a paste to remove tartar and clean teeth and was also used for toothaches.

Habitat: Found from the lowest valleys to timberline in moist soils of woods, open meadows and along streams.

Description: The leaves of the Strawberry have 3 toothed leaflets. The flower has 5 white petals. The red fruit is that of a typical strawberry only much smaller in size.

as you can sees, is good for your teeths so they is, ... so i is gonna eat loads more i am..... mahn they tastes so goood..... and maybe a medium crop this year... but once i get me strawberry space-station set up and me runners all into their own life pods next year is gonna be HUGE and even more YUMMMMY.... god am so turned on by me strawbs  ::) ::) ::) makes me wanna dance naked round me washing pole so it does.... wheres me hat  ::) ::) ::).... and sunglasses cus that way, if neighbours see me....... they wont recognise me.... see not only is I sexy lil pole dancer in the garden peep... but also quite clever tooo.... and what the friar tuck am I on about?  havent the foggiest now... cept its about strawberrys.... so better hit post and scadaddle doooodly doooo outta heres.....

cHeErS (see biggy smally writing is back)

Oz
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 09:34:22 by Ozzy aka Pothead »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal