collapse collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 150
  • Dot Spiders: 5
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:
  • Dot users are in chat:: 0

* Search

* Recent Topics

johhnyco15
Yesterday at 13:55:13 by johhnyco15
Views: 98 | Comments: 4

hi every one been on the missing list of late now back to torment you all hope you had a great growing season here on the sunshine coast im still picking outdoor tomatoes all be it only cherry ones  :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
George the Pigman
November 15, 2018, 18:52:25 by George the Pigman
Views: 159 | Comments: 5

I've a rhubarb patch on my allotment that has been there for at least 20 years. Normally I get far more than I can eat from it but the last 3 years it has been pathetic with only a few spindly leaves.
I have to say it has got overgrown with couchgrass which doesn't help. Today I dug out the couchgrass from around it and had a look at it. The crown is about 15 inches across and there were some rotten bits of root on the outside but the main crown looks solid,
Has anyone any advice on resurrecting it?
I know one can split up the crown and replant but some sites say do it in November but others say early spring. Or should I simply give it a good feed and make sure the grass doesn't overwhelm it again.
Annemieke
November 14, 2018, 21:16:45 by Annemieke
Views: 198 | Comments: 4

I eat and like a lot of kale - nearly every other day. But when I cook cabbage, I dislike the smell when itís cooking and the taste when I eat it - very much. I expect that is the sulfur. But kale has sulfur too, but does not smell like that and has a nice taste.
I canít find anywhere how much sulfur they have - can anyone else? Or is there another reason for my dislike of cabbage but not kale?
Thanks! Annemieke.
November 14, 2018, 11:42:51 by brownthumb2 | Views: 223 | Comments: 8

This year as an experiment I've left my runner beans in, I've cut them down to ground level mulched  with leaves and home made compost, I read some where a gardener digs up his beans ( as they are tender perennial) and plants in pots in his greenhouse to over winter then they make better plants for the following year Have anyone done this and was it successful ?

Amazon

* Allotment Gallery

* Allotment Wiki

* Calendar

November 2018
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 [17]
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

* Top Boards