General > The Shed

Internet Security

<< < (2/2)

eileen:
Never had any problems since I've been with Norton Richard. They keep me informed and do a scan for virus's on a regular basis. Firewall's no problem either. They've stopped problems before they've become problems, if you know what I mean. Better the devil you know and all that.

Garden Manager:
Been trying to install windows patches from windows update to try to sort out the security problem. For some reason the patch wont install once downloaded. Or at least one particular patch. Trouble is it wont let me download or install any other patches untill this one is installed.  ???

I dont know what I am doing wrong. Perhaps ishould leave it and hope for the best. Trouble is wont know if there is something wrong until it is too late!

Seems strange that even though my computer is set up to get automatic updates for windows, I am no longer receiving them.

Computers eh?

SueT:
Sorry to hear you`re having problems Richard.  I`ve had two alerts from Microsoft tonight, but I download my patches via the Bigfix thingy I have.  It`s all clever stuff!  ;)

Garden Manager:
Trouble is Sue, we dont all have 'bigfix'  ;) Sorry!

eileen:
Hey Richard maybe you should try Norton after all. Works for Sue and me just fine. I've got the big fixythingy too so no probs here  as it does all my patches for me.

Hope things have worked out for you now.

Cheers Eileen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version