Author Topic: Live birdie cam  (Read 23572 times)

Bun

• Half Acre
Live birdie cam
« on: May 04, 2005, 14:16:19 »
My friend in Ireland has put a birdie cam in his box.
So far i think there is one egg you can see.

http://www.atug67.dsl.pipex.com/

Tulipa

• Hectare
Re: Live birdie cam
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 14:28:16 »
Wow that is amazing, I have saved it to favourites and will keep having a peep!  My children will love it.

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 18:47:14 »
Fantastic !!! Thanks for sharing .. ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

chriszog

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 11:31:46 »
Wow, must get one of them,can you buy them or is it home made.
Regards

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 18:15:08 »
Hi guys.
The Bun sent me over here. Pleased to meet you all.
The camera I am using, is one like this one on e-bay. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4616&item=5193880602&rd=1
I originally bought 4, as I got them for around £6.50 each, incl P&P. Needless to say, when the guy put more on, he changed the rules. lol Those four were supposed to have infra red LEDs, for night time vision, but in fact they had bright white LEDs, so I bought one more, the same as that one on e-bay, but it did have the infra red LEDs, and microphone. That's the one you are viewing Bleep's nest through. (Bleep is what we call the tit. lol) The other 3 cams are the cheaper ones, and work perfectly well, though I have to blank off the LEDs, as I suspect no bird in it's right mind is going to sleep with that lot on.
Bleeps nest was the first one I did, and just mounted the cam on a little L bracket, but Bleep wasn't long till she was on top of it, so had to pack that space out, to stop her. The other 2 boxes were put up much later, hence the reason they are empty, I suspect, but I made them higher, and put in a false ceiling, with just the camera lens peeping through. Take a look at this site too. http://www.beautifulbritain.co.uk/htm/wildlife_gardening/bluetitcam.htm
He has done it a different way. More expensive, but the results are better too.
I'll try & pop in here regular, and keep you updated on the goings on.
Any more questions, please ask, and I will do my best.
Cheers.

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2005, 18:27:31 »

Yesterday morning, one egg.

This morning, two eggs.

Can expect an egg/day, or there abouts, till clutch is laid. You will find a big difference in the quality of the picture, according to what time of day you are viewing, and the weather, as the only light is that coming through the entrance hole.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2005, 22:04:08 »
Glad to see that you have joined us h2yoho, its been really interesting reading about your camera and how you set it up as ive often wondered how its done.

Ive viewed the nest a few times now and its so exciting.  Those stills are amazing too. 
Keep up the good work, it is very much appreciated :)

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2005, 22:42:31 »
Hi Honeybee. Glad you like it. Makes all the effort worthwhile. Been a great learning curve, and hope to do better next year, now that I have got a feel for it. I will keep you updated here, as best possible, so keep popping in.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 00:25:41 »
Hiya Yoho!!!!!

Nice to see you posting here too.  ;D

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 07:13:33 »
Crystal Talloo. How you doin m8.  :D
Well guys. Another egg this morning, and what's more, Booster, the male, was in and gave Bleep food. Happened too quick for me to get a snap, but it's only a matter of time.

Sorry bout piccie quality, but it's that time of day. Depending on the light coming in through the entrance hole, so somewhat limited. Hope to have that sorted for next year too.  ;)

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 07:30:04 »
Updated picture.

chriszog

• Half Acre
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 10:06:17 »
Thanks for the info re ebay I will probably have a go next year. The Pics are fascinating. Weve all seen them on the telly but when Its in your own garden it makes it a lot more interesting. I think my box is at about the same stage as yours as the male has been taking food in but not seen the female for a while now. Keep up the posting and thanks for the info again.
Chriszog

maz

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 11:33:08 »
Yoohoo Yoho!  ;D

I keep popping in and out for a peek too. I love it.  ;D

I dont know if my box is used or not. There seems to be a bird there occasionally but then I dont see anything for days.  :-\  I think it might be like that KitKat ad where the bloke sits with the camera for hours, turns his back for a few mins and the bears come out rollerskating!  ;D
A friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg,
even though you are slightly cracked.

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 18:43:46 »
Just to show you the setup from the outside.

Bleep is in the middle box. I intend putting another two up there next year, with 5 cams running. The cables from those three cams run directly into a USB hub in the roof space, and are then fed to my computer, using a 5mtr repeater cable. Works well that setup, as I don't end up with a load of cables at the computer.  :)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2005, 18:53:19 »
Excellent and very efficient!  I love checking out the nesting boxes!

I new I recognised your name and face from somewhere....I briefly visited the site as Mrs Ava.....

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2005, 18:57:05 »
Amazing and three eggs ;D.....brilliant, and its nice to see the actual setup from outdside too  :)

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2005, 19:30:01 »
Think I seem to recollect a certain Mrs Ava.  ;)
Think there is a bit of a technical problem with the live feed. Not sure what it is yet, as the cams are running ok, and uploading. Problem, I can't see the live feed you see, as it will not feed back through my Netgear Router. A real pain that. However, if you can see live feed, please let me know, by posting here.
Thanks guys.  :)

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2005, 21:05:10 »
Hi H2yoho,

That is fantastic work you have done there !!  I think you are very clever and I just adore coming back again and again to watch the inside of the nest box.  Thank you so very much for sharing these views with us !!  Can't wait for the little ones to be born !
 :D ;)
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2005, 06:32:40 »

4th day in a row. Hasn't failed yet.  :D
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 07:39:42 by h2yoho »

maz

• Acre
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2005, 07:41:19 »