Author Topic: Live birdie cam  (Read 23573 times)

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
Re: Live birdie cam
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2005, 08:27:06 »
Shame you cant see the live feed, its fab :)

Shes so cute, ive just been watching her wrestling about getting into some very weird positions, wonder what she was up too?
I thought she was laying another egg but shes already done that today hasnt she?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 12:07:15 by honeybee »

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2005, 12:05:25 »
Awww....just sat and watched her fuss around with a big feather for ages, it was dead cute  ;D

She had this feather in her beak and couldnt quite decide where to tuck it in to make her the comfiest.....awwww. :)

I'm never going to get my jobs done at this rate :)

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2005, 13:14:07 »
Live feed should be running again, but it probably only refreshes every few seconds with you. Could you let me kow the refresh rate you are getting Honey, not that I can do anything to up it, but just as a matter of interest.
Thanks.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2005, 13:18:59 »
There she goes again with her feather  ;D

The refresh rate varies yoho between approx one and four seconds, there doesnt seem to be a pattern, it can go one second, one second, three seconds, one second etc etc

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2005, 13:51:54 »
That's probably the best you can expect. I was over at a friend house, and that's the way it was there to.
Thanks.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2005, 14:24:49 »
Yoho, just had a word with better half about you not being able to view the livestream and he suggested you might try this?

If you cannot see the web cam view you may need to download Java VM
and go to your internet settings in tools/internet options/advanced tab/and check all java box options to enable java.

Hope it may be of some help to you, if not back to the drawing board.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2005, 14:27:29 »

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2005, 16:45:39 »
Oh if life were that simple honeybee. ;)
No. The problem lays with the router. It's a Netgear DG834G, and has a hardware firewall, and an IP address, which is 192.168.0.1 The fact that the feed is going out from my router, it cannot come back in. It can only get as far as the router, as it is seeing that 192.168.0.1 IP. Sounds a bit naff I know, but there you go. Doesn't seem to be a work around at the moment.
Take a look at this page, down at the bottom.
Thanks for the help, and if you or your OH can think of anything else, please let me know.
The only way I can see round it, is to change me hardware, and I don't need to spend any more dosh on that at the moment.
Maybe for next year.  :D

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2005, 17:01:32 »
Well i certainly wont be coming up with any ideas to help you ::)  ;D but other half can sometimes solve these riddles, i will pass your update onto him and see what he says......cant disturb him now he is racing his car  ::)  ;D

maz

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2005, 17:14:42 »
Shes sitting there so patiently.

I got updates at 46 secs, then.... 13,20, 28,49., 56,01,02,07
A friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg,
even though you are slightly cracked.

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2005, 17:31:05 »
OK he is at a pit stop so i got his attention ;)

Yoho apparently you have the same router as us. 

Have pm'd you

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2005, 17:55:11 »
Oh this is amazing, I'd love a web cam in our box. Is it hard to do or expensive?Mind you ours is on the shed, we've no leccie in there we'd need to run wires and things from the house wouldn't we?...

Welcome to A4A.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

maz

• Acre
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2005, 18:58:55 »
How long will she sit on them before they hatch? Anyone know?

lilylover

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2005, 20:20:01 »
Hiya Maz. Once she's finished laying and starts incubating them,  they take about a fortnight to hatch.
Is it wrong to fancy Lucius Malfoy?

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2005, 20:25:43 »
Maz i was wondering that too, so i did a search and found lots of interesting reading that kept me quiet this afternoon,  :)  Ive C&P'd this for you which answers your question.

Blue tits breed wherever there are areas of trees with suitable nest holes. They start looking for nesting sites about February, preferring small holes or narrow cracks in trees about 1 - 15 metres from the ground. Nest-boxes in gardens are readily used, especially if there is a shortage of natural sites in an area. Both males and females search for nest holes, but when the male finds somewhere suitable, he displays by fluttering his wings and calling to his mate; he will then go into the hole, calling the female and hoping she will follow and approve the site. She doesn't always approve it and may reject several before deciding on the one she wants! She builds the nest alone, collecting moss, dried grass, dead leaves and wool to fill the bottom of the nest hole; she forms a cup-shaped structure with this material and finally lines it with soft feathers or hair.

A clutch of 7 - 13 eggs is laid from mid-April to early May. The eggs are white with reddish-brown speckling and are laid at the rate of one a day. Incubation begins only when the clutch is almost complete - the female usually covers the eggs with some nest lining if she has to leave them for a while.

Incubation lasts almost two weeks and whilst the female is sitting on the eggs, the male defends the area around the nest site from other blue tits, so protecting the available food needed for both adults and, later, the young. He also brings food to his mate. The young hatch at a time when food is at its most abundant. They are fed by both parents, mainly on small caterpillars, and stay in the nest for two or three weeks. The adults also remove the droppings regularly, to keep the nest clean.

You might also be interested in this link that i found

http://www.mybitoftheplanet.com/y2k/bluetits/bt_eggs.htm
« Last Edit: May 07, 2005, 20:57:16 by honeybee »

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2005, 20:54:31 »
Hi Val. Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the link Honeybee. Have PMed you.
Not that difficult to set up really. If I can do it, anyone can do it. How far away is the shed from your puter, or could you mount a nestbox a bit closer somewhere? It'll be too late for this year, but you will have plenty of time to have it up and running for next year.

quinny

• Quarter Acre
    • http://sitebuilder.wanadoo.co.uk/servlets/creat_frame?mode=modifsite&site=allaboutquinn
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2005, 22:34:00 »
hi2yoho  - Fantastic live cam, I've been toying with the idea myself as I have started making bird/bat boxes.  Buying one already wired is nearly £200 :o

Do you think I could use the following to fit into a nest box if I didn't want to hook it up to my pc?  I'd run a wire rather than the wireless option on the wee battery...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=60839&item=5772360863&rd=1

No probs if you're unsure - just thought I'd ask  ;D

Keep up the great shots!!!

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2005, 22:52:34 »
hard to say. need more time to look into that, but I will

maz

• Acre
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2005, 23:30:15 »
Hiya Lilylover and thanks for that . :)  You too HB   :)

Theres a bit too much to read there tonight so I'll have a look tomorrow. 

h2yoho

• Quarter Acre
    • Live Birdcam
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2005, 06:57:44 »
Ah. Tis our Lil. Hiya Lil.  :-*
Still the four eggs this morning. Suspect that will be her lot, as she is sitting on them a lot now. Never mind, four strong healty chicks would be great.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal