Author Topic: Long Tailed tit  (Read 2165 times)

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
Long Tailed tit
« on: April 12, 2005, 18:18:06 »
I saw a pair the other day on the fat balls I put out. My first sighting , it was so exciting I tried to take a pic but they wouldn't hang around and pose. They must be nesting somewhere near.  ;D
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Long Tailed tit
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 18:23:02 »
Wish the tits would use the fatballs I have in the garden.  The starlings use them! 

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 18:37:32 »
You are so very lucky Val !

Long tail tits are my favourite birds.  They are beautifully coloured pink, white and black and their nests are absolutely magic - made of moss and look heavenly!
they always seem to come around in flocks of 4 or 5 and make delightful little noises.
 :) :)
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 19:49:54 »
 :D :D :D

I was happy to see the Long Tailed Tits for the first time in my garden this winter, counted 12 of them.  They have flitted back and forward from my neighbours ever since.  I think they are lovely too, all pink and grey fluff balls.  I like the way they travel round in large groups!!!

:D :D :D

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 12:26:29 »
Yes I only saw the 2 and that was by chance, sitting on the sofa gazing around ..as you do...thought crikey that blue tits got a funny tail, looked closer and realised what it was and 2 of them obviously a pair the way they were twittering around the fat ball.EJ everything  goes on the fat balls here. I've seen the robin, sparrows, bluetits, as well as the starlings and the ones that hover around underneath, blackbirds, thrushes and dunnocks. I tie them on with a bit of string onto the trees I can watch them from the front room window then. I just love the spring when they're all so busy. A few months time when the babies are gone it goes all quiet.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 13:54:10 »
Although we only have a tiny garden, I am amazed at the array of birds that come and visit everyday !

We make our own fatballs, they are based on the remainders of our sunday roast fat and we add the wildbird seed to that.  When it hardens off, we dig it out and stack it onto the bird tables.  They just adore it !

Birds bring your garden to life !

:D ;)
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal