Produce > Edible Plants

Seed Saving Circle 2022

<< < (8/42) > >>

galina:
They were from your seed.  More red than orange, but  t h a t  flavour!  Wonderful and early to boot. 

galina:
I am currently fermenting seeds of these yummy cherry tomatoes, Fruity Yellow, bred by Tim Peters.  Hope to add for the seed circle all being well. 

The plants are very tall and strong and the flavour of these cherry toms is really good.  Occasionally there is a red fruiting plant which also tastes good, but these were grown from yellows and are yellow this year, so let us hope they will all be yellow for you too.  A sort of golden yellow.  I received the original seeds from the Internet Tomato Trials which were held in 1999 and 2000, where we got tomatoes that were identified by a letter only and after reporting back, we got to know what variety we had been sent.  The organiser tried to match locations to suitable tomatoes and these have always been good in England both greenhouse and outdoors, with considerable blight resistance too.

JanG:
These sound like they have everything going for them, especially flavour and some blight resistance, and an interesting history too. Looking forward!

galina:
Queen of Malinalco - oh yeah!  Fruit bowl or tomato salad, can't decide.  We just munched our first out of hand.  That wonderful smell and flavour.  A lovely surprise, thank you. 

JanG:
Oh dear. I lost mine in the 40 degrees we had last week. They’re giants of plants and I hadn’t kept up and potted them into big enough pots.
Luckily seeds enough for next year. Might put a couple into polytunnel soil to find their own size and vigour. How big did your plants grow?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version