Photo Gallery > The Gallery

Garden progress

<< < (2/2)

Obelixx:
Not personally.  I get my name Obelixx because in Belgium I had about 50 clematis, many growing on obelisks.  I changed the last letters to an X as a nod to Ambiorix, a notable Belgae warrior/leader who was around in Julius Caesar's time and has a statue at Tongres/Tongeren.   I then added an x (kiss) as I come in peace.

Palustris:
Tee Gee. We just make it up as we go along!

gray1720:

--- Quote from: Obelixx on June 01, 2021, 22:45:09 ---Not personally.  I get my name Obelixx because in Belgium I had about 50 clematis, many growing on obelisks.  I changed the last letters to an X as a nod to Ambiorix, a notable Belgae warrior/leader who was around in Julius Caesar's time and has a statue at Tongres/Tongeren.   I then added an x (kiss) as I come in peace.

--- End quote ---

Well, that shows the danger of assumptions, doesn't it? Here's where my sig is from, you'll see (a) why I thought it appropriate and (b) why I thought of you.

https://comicsagogo.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/asterix-in-britain-003.jpg

I love the thought of all those lovely floral obelisks, though.

Duke Ellington:
You’ve done really well ! I’ve loved looking at your garden photos. I hope you are happy in your new home,
Duke

Palustris:
Hi Duke. Long time no see. Miss the old chatting days on here
We are really enjoying our new house. Age and infirmity made it necessary to move and we landed on our feet to be honest. This place is exactly what we needed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version