Produce > Wildlife forum

Bats

(1/2) > >>

Jayb:
Each evening, before dark, with just enough light to see my way around the garden, I go to shut the door on the chicken coop. I then walk around the house with the dogs. I generally see bats flying around summertime, but they do seem to be dive-bombing me more than usual and follow me closely as I go around the garden, right up until I go inside. It's not a problem as I love watching them twist and turn at amazing speed, it is hard to keep a track of them. But I wonder is there a reason, are they playful, fearful or what?

Beersmith:
I am speculating, but I wonder if you are attracting the attention of insects, possibly mosquitos, and in turn the bats are not buzzing you but just going for an extra morsel or two?

pumkinlover:
I am wondering if you moving about causes a disturbance in the air which they investigate?
Alternatively they just sayig "Hello".

saddad:
We usually see them when we are sitting on the bench with a beer at dusk... they tend to keep a good distance... so I don't know why your have taken such an interest...

Jayb:

--- Quote from: Beersmith on August 30, 2019, 21:46:22 ---I am speculating, but I wonder if you are attracting the attention of insects, possibly mosquitos, and in turn the bats are not buzzing you but just going for an extra morsel or two?

--- End quote ---

It could be, I hadn't thought of that. I'm not sure my eyes would spot small bugs in that light, but I'll keep an eye out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version