General > Bargains Galore

Suttons "Garden Bargain Lucky Dip"

(1/2) > >>

winecap:
Hi. Does anybody have any experience of the "Garden Bargain Lucky Dip" from Suttons? They claim to offer £150 of mystery goods for £25, or £75 of goods for £15. Any thoughts or experience?

caroline7758:
I got an email from Dobies about the same thing and decided not to bother!

Digeroo:
I did one for a different company a few years ago and got a really motley selection of tat.
Several packets of walking stick cabbage seeds which never grew, some potatoes cleaning gloves (?!!), some really tatty cotton gardening gloves, an apron with pockets for things poorly made in sacking material, some really tatty thin plastic pots etc etc. 
It did contain one nice trowel so I basically paid £10 for a £4 trowel for which Aldi charge £2.49 and a lot of rubbish all said to be worth £50.
Bet the council were not best pleased at having to take it all away from my bin.
Personally I think the stuff in poundland is far better value.  Their leather patchwork gloves from the DIY section are fab.

ancellsfarmer:
 Would you buy a pig in a poke?
 If you wish to clear your garage, try asking your neighbours for £15 so that you deliver whatever you fall over first.
As a retired retailer, perhaps I need to declare an interest.
But I have decided not to take advantage of Suttons "kind offer"!

cambourne7:
I did it a few years ago cant remember who with and got loads inc a book, seeds and planting bags.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version