Produce > Drink ....

Liqueurs

<< < (2/2)

antipodes:
A friend of mine makes several liqueurs, all with the same soaking method as described by gwynleg. My friend makes fig (very good, cut the fresh figs in half) and also walnut, and plums. She uses a cheap eau de vie, the type used for example to preserve cherries in schnapps (which is also very good!! leave the cherries about 3 months then eat them with caution and use the liquid in baking or to drink).

Nomspatch:
Hi again...
Hi Gazza, unfortunately I do not have a scanner, as the easiest way to give these recipes would undoubtedly be by that means..I will try to photograph them and add them on dropbox (if they are clear enough to see, the print in this book is quite pale) if that doesn't work I will type them out for you longhand, but that may take some time....as it is raining here today I will see what can be done k!

Gordonmull:
First one out for drinking this year - strawberry. I'll deffo give this a miss for next year. Looks really nice, pink and enticing. Tastes vaguely like it might have passed a strawberry on it's way to a paint stripper convention. Probably would have been more productive putting the strawbs in the compost, sadly.

On the plus side, straining off the blackcurrant soon. That is tasting very promising even before sweetening and looks like ribena. Could be deadly  :icon_cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version