Author Topic: Its a bath day!  (Read 1797 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Its a bath day!
« on: January 22, 2013, 11:46:35 »
Sun is shining..there is no wind..what could be better day for good scrub  :icon_cheers:
I've got stone bird bath in the garden that I've kept going on with warm water during these cold frosty days..and there has been plenty of drinkers about.
Today there have been much more interest to the watering hole so I thawed all the snow and ice inside and on outer rim of the bath with hot water, straight from the kettle....it will soon cool down.
Then I made a dash indoors....ran upstairs where I have good view to see what happens around garden. In no time my feathery friends started to arrive in good numbers..they were dangling on little tree nearby, eagerly waiting their turn for the wash.
First ones must have been very surprised as when they made into the water...literally testing the water with their 'toes', they soon hopped in and had good splash :icon_cheers:....and then they just stood there, standing  and walking about..the warm water must have felt looooovely on cold feet  :sunny: And there was such a rattle going on too..must be those who were waiting their turn giving some 'words'
Once they had good clean they hopped back on the tree to straighten their feathers..and then they hopped into water AGAIN! :icon_cheers:
Now I'm wondering if I'm giving them too much of the good thing...they seem to be over doing it or they've been feeling really dirty
Well..looks like the bath need filling up again...water level has been splashed low in no time....time to put that kettle on again...
Anybody else having fun with their birds!

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: Its a bath day!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 12:53:28 »
I have been thawing the bird bath the same way, Goodlife, but my birds are few and far between at the moment.  A neighbour has a black cat that wanders into our garden quite often so maybe it is keeping the birds away.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal