Author Topic: What newspapers do you read  (Read 9872 times)

petengade

• Acre
Re: What newspapers do you read
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 14:36:20 »
I read any news papers left on the bus or train, he is right , makes me a poor beggar, no money left after paying the high fares   :tongue3:

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 17:17:03 »
I now often buy the "i". It has a good, quick coverage of all the news, TV and radio, with enough puzzles and crosswords for a day's entertainment! 20p a day, 30p on Saturday. Bargain!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 08:13:55 »
Priceless replies..thank you all so much.. now I can finish the argument with the friend who insisted that everyone in the UK who is anyone reads The  Times and the others read the Sun and the News of the World.  Clearly he reads very little as he would realise that is no longer possible..hey ho

Galina, smashing reply. love it.

I used to say newspaper was only any good for wrapping fish and chips or the bottom of the budgie cage but I am told the ink is not considered safe for either these days.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 09:01:43 »
If your friend thinks anybody reads the News of the World, then he is very out of touch.
Last edition was in July 2011
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

daveylamp993

• Acre
    • theallotmentandgardenscounciluk.org.uk
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 13:33:40 »
The Racing Post . . .Its the only paper i buy as i enjoy horse racing, we see enough bad news on T.V. without all the scandal that newspapers often get wrong and ruin peoples careers,something that the ordinary man or woman has strived for all of their lives,only to be taken away by false allegations in a tabloid newspaper
The BEST Organisation for Allotmenteers is theallotmentsandgardenscounciluk JOIN NOW,Much better and FAR Cheaper than N.S.A.L.G.

carbonel11

• Half Acre
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 13:09:41 »
The Sun, but only for 10 days as am booking a cheap holiday.  The rest of the year nothing, sometimes the free Metro if travelling on tube.

Hi Borlotti, this is to late for the latest Sun Holidays but may help for next time. The folk on this forum ( moneysavingexpert )collect all the codes as they appear so that you don't even have to buy the paper and also they crack the code for the last issue the night before it's published in the paper. This allows you to get in super fast with your choices if you apply online. Hope it's ok to post link mods ?. Here it is http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4372469&page=73

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 13:14:52 »
Thanks for that, my friend told me to write down the word. Will know next time.  See my new topic Sun holiday.

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 22:18:06 »
I read The Sun. Its is the best paper for sport with along with the Striker cartoon are the only bits I read.

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2013, 15:27:02 »
We,read the paper's on line,also the turkish voice on line ,aljazher new chanel.sorry about the spelling can't get the spell check to work?

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 15:41:34 »
Only the local free rag..... oh, and all the headlines as I wait in the post office :icon_flower: :icon_flower:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal