Author Topic: Warhorse  (Read 1915 times)

Paulines7

• Hectare
Warhorse
« on: January 19, 2013, 12:31:10 »
My husband bought a wi-fi extender/connecter so we could download films and Catch Up programmes on our TV in our lounge.  It has been so worthwhile as our broadband is so slow here, taking a long time to get anything.  We usually download last thing at night so it doesn't interfere with other programmes that I am recording.  We decided to download Warhorse.

Last night we sat and watched it.  Warhorse is a film set in the days of the First World War.  What a film!  I had a lump in my throat most of the way through it and was in streams of tears.  I cried more than I had when watching any other film.  It brought me back to when I was a child and first read Black Beauty as I cried then.  I wonder why it is that I get upset so much over horses yet didn't get that attached to them when I had riding lessons 40 years ago? 

Warhorse is a marvellous film even though it is so sad.  I will not give the ending away though.  Has anyone on here seen it and if so, were you as affected as I was or am I just a softie when it comes to animals?   

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:33:56 by Paulines7 »

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
Re: Warhorse
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 13:08:50 »
Yes a great film, now, if you shed a few tears watching that then dont watch The Impossible, well at least not without a box of tissues, that is a real heart breaker and another great film.
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 13:27:30 »
I read the book a couple of months ago and then received the DVD, among others, for Christmas. It is sitting waiting for me  as a special treat for when I get fed up with reading, doing crosswords, knitting and surfing the net. I've watched all the others so it won't be long before I decide the time has come to watch War Horse too. Thanks for the warning - I'll have tissues at the ready!

Tricia

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 18:40:33 »
Haven't seen the film but saw the theatre production in London last year. The horses were incredibly built  and acted!! I 'm not a weepy usually but this did bring the tissues out.

steve76

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 18:49:41 »
fantastic film seen it 3 times now, may have to make that 4 tonight as nothing else on tv :blob7:

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 11:20:04 »
our local U3A cinema club are showing it on Thurs and I intend to go.  Not seen it before because I heard it's very sad but if I see it there I will be amongst friends with a cup of tea at hand :coffee2:
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 14:43:27 »
OH bought for me for Christmas but I haven't been brave enough to watch it yet.

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 15:36:15 »
Iam to soft to watch Warhorse ,oh said it was very good,I'am watching I Pye tonight ,saw Lincon very heavy going ,and Jdanjo excellent film Mr Tarenteno did it again very bloody but different.spellcheck still out. :BangHead:

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 15:38:31 »
I purposely haven;t watched it, as I am a big softee :bunny:

Ever since my dog died (2 years ago) I cant watch anything like that or it brings back memories and I bawl my eyes out :tearyeyed: :tearyeyed:

Give me a good comedy any day. I need all the laughter I can get :occasion5: :icon_joker: :occasion16:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal