Produce > Drink ....

home brew virgin

(1/2) > >>

misfit:
well just bought my self a home brew kit as a birthday present from the wife  ;D so expect lots of silly questions in the coming months  ::) ;D

this is the kit below, anyone used this kit before, any tips etc ??
also is there any kit you can recommend i should be on the look out for, for future brews. hoping to brew some wine at a later date as well :D

the kit comes with a canadian blond beer can as an upgrade from the coopers can apparently  ??? :D

OllieC:
Use the hydrometer, don't rush things, use the hydrometer, sterilise everything and use the hydrometer.

misfit:
do you think I should use the hydrometer tho ??  ;D

the_snail:
1st rule of home brewing is steralization

2nd rule of home brewing is patients

3rd rule of home brewing is enjoy making the beer and enjoy drinking it :)

From a Homebrew Grain ' n ' Hop Masher

OllieC:
snail is right of course.

The reason I emphasise the hydrometer is this - search any home brew forum and you will find it full of questions from beginners asking why their brew has stopped bubbling. Without an initial & final reading people can only guess what's going on. With some numbers they can have a good guess instead!

If you take an initial reading from the hydrometer and then a reading when it stops bubbling, then another one a few days later if it appears to be around where you expect, then you will know if it has stopped because it's ready for conditioning or stopped because the yeast is unhappy or dead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version