Author Topic: The Good News Thread 2012  (Read 57052 times)

luckycharlie

• Acre
Re: The Good News Thread 2012
« Reply #240 on: July 06, 2012, 14:51:30 »

I won't need to water the allotment today  ;D ;D ;D ;D

X Chas

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #241 on: July 06, 2012, 19:06:42 »
We have heat !! Two weeks of heat predicted,after it has been  raining since last August almost all the time it is unreal.

Yeah great news ;D ;D

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

pumkinlover

« Reply #242 on: July 06, 2012, 19:12:05 »
OH found 38 butane gas canisters in a skip today..ok we use a big gas bottle for our shed these days,but the canisters will come in handy for my new venture,cooking in schools. Hoorah!

Surely that is not legal, it sounds very irresponsible ???
Even if empty they should be disposed off properly?
Any way good luck with them.
From a felllow skip groveller

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #243 on: July 06, 2012, 19:36:39 »
We have heat !! Two weeks of heat predicted,after it has been  raining since last August almost all the time it is unreal.

Yeah great news ;D ;D

XX Jeannine

Hopefully our weather follows on from yours.......

Not sure though as we already had a "drought" and now it's constantly raining. But keeping my fingers crossed for dryer and warmer weather. I have a new suntan lotion to try!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #244 on: July 07, 2012, 04:16:57 »
I think I am a drop dead moaner.. I went out in our lovely heat today the first for weeks, then complained it was too hot. I need to get a life

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

pumkinlover

« Reply #245 on: July 07, 2012, 08:10:02 »
That's just like me, fed up with the rain now but as soon as it gets too hot -I hate it!

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2012, 20:34:02 »
It's stopped raining long enough during the last three days for me to trim two massive hedges (length & height), rake up all the trimmings and cut the grass on four lawns.

Seems a little thing to be please about but... it's another job done.  :)

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2012, 23:08:03 »
It's stopped raining long enough during the last three days for me to trim two massive hedges (length & height), rake up all the trimmings and cut the grass on four lawns.

Seems a little thing to be please about but... it's another job done.  :)

No rain for 3 days or you did it in between the showers Aden. Those Sussex Downs have a lot to answer for, everything is squelching up here  ::)

Ninny

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #248 on: July 12, 2012, 07:49:20 »
Off to Norway for my son's wedding!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #249 on: July 12, 2012, 09:15:34 »
Off to Norway for my son's wedding!
Have a wonderful time, Anne  ;D

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #250 on: July 13, 2012, 18:02:02 »
Just had the second day on the trot without rain, so OH has been busy constructing manure and compost bays on my new plot.  Bless him, he doesn't "get" allotments, but he has been willing to help me with the jobs I would really struggle with.  I love my new bays, and if I just focus on them and don't turn around and look at the Somme in the rest of the plot, I can feel like a proper lottier!

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #251 on: July 13, 2012, 20:00:52 »
Just had the second day on the trot without rain, so OH has been busy constructing manure and compost bays on my new plot.  Bless him, he doesn't "get" allotments, but he has been willing to help me with the jobs I would really struggle with.  I love my new bays, and if I just focus on them and don't turn around and look at the Somme in the rest of the plot, I can feel like a proper lottier!

He's a little gem like mine, gwynnethmary, who doesn't get plots either but puts his carpentry and clearing muscle powers in when needed. An interesting study tonight when we both went up to check for blight, not only on mine but a lady that is on holiday has asked the favour, he said "not a good year this year then?" as he looked at the greenery struggling. So they do pay attention eventually  :)

Ninny - 1st day without rain!

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #252 on: July 13, 2012, 20:48:22 »
My good news   ::)

According to my mother we've not had a lot of rain so that's why the allotment isn't doing as well as usual she announced.  ???

I explained that it had done little else but pour for weeks and weeks. She disagreed as it was only the once my sister had been stranded in the floods and had to wade home (her partner dashed out and picked her up but my mother hears only the bits she likes the sound of).

So there we have it: The thoroughly soggy season is all in my mind.   :-X And what can't be seen clearly from the front-room window of my mother's bungalow doesn't happen....unless of course my sister says it does.  :(

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #253 on: July 13, 2012, 20:52:24 »
Aw bless her Aden. I can empathise as I don't think my Ma ever wore or even owned a pair of wellies!

Ninny

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #254 on: July 13, 2012, 20:54:48 »
Aw bless her Aden. I can empathise as I don't think my Ma ever wore or even owned a pair of wellies!

Ninny

My mother only goes out on warm dry days apart from trips to the hair-dressers.  ::)  ;)

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #255 on: July 13, 2012, 23:24:02 »
My good news   ::)

According to my mother we've not had a lot of rain so that's why the allotment isn't doing as well as usual she announced.  ???

I explained that it had done little else but pour for weeks and weeks. She disagreed as it was only the once my sister had been stranded in the floods and had to wade home (her partner dashed out and picked her up but my mother hears only the bits she likes the sound of).

So there we have it: The thoroughly soggy season is all in my mind.   :-X And what can't be seen clearly from the front-room window of my mother's bungalow doesn't happen....unless of course my sister says it does.  :(

Oh bless .........  you've got to smile  ....

harrys dad

• Not So New ...
« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2012, 09:24:18 »
I have a day off on Wednesday after working for 21 days on the bounce.  :D
Mick.

pumkinlover

« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2012, 09:32:53 »
Eeek!!! you deserve it!

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2012, 10:34:51 »
I think I am a drop dead moaner.. I went out in our lovely heat today the first for weeks, then complained it was too hot. I need to get a life

XX Jeannine

I understand this - after prolonged rain, it is so humid that even a little bit of heat becomes opressive very quickly.  Dry heat is muich easier to tolerate.  I bet this is what happened to you.  Enjoy anyway - here it is just so dull, rainy, dark grey skies ...... now who needs to get a life ....... ;D

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2012, 10:52:06 »
I have a day off on Wednesday after working for 21 days on the bounce.  :D

Not bad. I had one whole day to visit Hampton Court flower Show. My first whole day off since before 21st January.

Make the best of it.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal