Produce > Ponds 'n' Stuff

thick ice on ponds

<< < (3/3)

caroline7758:

--- Quote from: Nigel B on February 04, 2012, 12:11:39 ---
--- Quote from: ACE on February 04, 2012, 11:40:04 ---You don't need telling, but keep an eye on the kids. I have just cracked mine with a pick axe to help...............

--- End quote ---
Cheers ACE. I just cracked ours too, and it helped tremendously. I've had hardly a peep out of them. ;)

--- End quote ---

;D ;D ;D

Coastie:
Nigel B, I like this idea.  What do you mean by 'net pot'?

Nigel B:
Hiya Coastie,
Hmmm. I can see this is going to need pictures.
I'm sure I remember taking some when I'd finished................. Ah! Here they are!
Blimey..... Open.... auto levels..... resize..... upload with flickr......

............. aaaaand......Tadaaa!

Ok. First, its a piece of thin ply approx 14" square, sitting on a piece of polystyrene, with a hole through both....

As you can see, the whole thing is anchored over an airstone sitting at the bottom of the pond (Although to be fair, the watercress seems to grow well enough without the extra air)

The net pot is filled with a little ballast for weight then planted with  the watercress

It takes no time at all to root through....

Don't worry about the size of it, it soon fills out and overflows....

Hope this helps ................ :)

Nigel B:
Uh oh! No pictures. :(
Can anyone help? I have no idea why they don't show.

Nigel B:
Oh dear... The only way to sort this out was by quoting myself. Sorry guys.
Maybe a mod wouldn't mind too much deleting my previous posts.....

Hiya Coastie,
Hmmm. I can see this is going to need pictures.
I'm sure I remember taking some when I'd finished................. Ah! Here they are!
Blimey..... Open.... auto levels..... resize..... upload with flickr......[Edit: Forget that. Re-Load it all up to photobucket]

............. aaaaand......Tadaaa!

Ok. First, its a piece of thin ply approx 14" square, sitting on a piece of polystyrene, with a hole through both....

As you can see, the whole thing is anchored over an airstone sitting at the bottom of the pond (Although to be fair, the watercress seems to grow well enough without the extra air)

The net pot is filled with a little ballast for weight then planted with  the watercress

It takes no time at all to root through....

Don't worry about the size of it, it soon fills out and overflows....
From this...

To this....

In no time at all...

Hope this helps ................ :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version