Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 1953 times)

powerspade

• Hectare
Insurance
« on: October 03, 2011, 07:29:30 »
We are in the final process of getting a grant. Our local council  is off loading the responsiblity of running allotments onto all of us, and in doing so we have been told that as a group now have to take out public liabilty Insurance Has anyone any idea the best company to go for and roughly how much it will cait us - we are 18 members

Trevor_D

• Hectare
  • north-west London
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 07:48:46 »
Get in touch with NSALG. They have their own insurance deal, but you will need to affiliate - not a bad idea anyway, if you are going plc.

What's the grant for?

powerspade

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 06:01:27 »
Get in touch with NSALG. They have their own insurance deal, but you will need to affiliate - not a bad idea anyway, if you are going plc.

What's the grant for?
We are trying to get a grant for a Rotavator, Strimer, extra water troughs, and a steel container to store them. We just joined the NSALG and I have been on their web page but I cannot down load their Insurance scheme app form.

pumkinlover

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 06:44:58 »
They are in process of negotiating another "deal" for the next year.
Many of us found the last years version unsuitable - enough for them to realise, I telephoned recently to see if they were changing it and they said to get in touch about second week in October so that might be why.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 07:36:11 »
how about becoming affiliated to the RHS? our association  is, and we get our insurance through them ( much cheaper than nsalg)
You couldn't make it up!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal