Author Topic: Horse manure in exchange for sacks! Challock Nr Ashford TN25 4BG  (Read 1731 times)

magsnags

• Not So New ...
 :) I have dragged up about 20 or so sacks of manure which are now sitting by the gate awaiting collection - most are stable maure but we do have some bags of rotted field manure.
However there are another 40 plus sacks half way down the field but the farmer gets cross if we stack to many up by the gate and they don't get taken! So please come and collect and return the bags so we can bag more up. If these are not taken soon we have to pay someone to come and collect and the whole lot goes into landfill - a terrible waste!!
If you are feeling helpful and sorry for us (my friend is 9 months pregnant & due to have her baby tomorrow and I have a bad knee) perhaps you would like to climb the gate and bring some of the other bags up yourself!!
Would appreciate any large sacks you might have (pet feed/compost style rather than black rubbish style which are not strong enough) as a fair exchange but even if you have no sacks please take the manure anyway!
I can confirm that the field has not been sprayed nor has the hay the horses eat.
Please email for exact directions - this postcode is the nearest house to the field but if you can't work out where it is I can explain a little better as it is off the main road!
Maggie

magsnags

• Not So New ...
I thought I'd just update as this is an ongoing offer - with 7 ponies you never run out!
There are abou 40 sack loads sitting outside our gate. Most is manure off the field. Need to go asap before the farmer gets annoyed and we then have to pay to get them taken away and dumped into landfill! Would also appreciate some sacks left as we are running low.
Also have 3 massive sacks full with stable manure that are at the bottom of the field that we can't lift. If you would like these, and can lift - or shift into smaller bags please say so and we will arrange to meet you at the field and let you in.
Thankyou for reading

goodlife

• Hectare
As much as I would like take on with your offer..it's too far.. :(
But..have you left a note/word about your manure to your local allotments? Although our membership is quite large..there is lot of allotmenteers who don't see this advert.

magsnags

• Not So New ...
I have indeed. In fact my horses used to live very close to an allotment so they took it all and I never had to advertise it but I moved them last year and the allotment people are unable/unwilling to come and collect. They are happy for me to load my car up and deliver - but I only have a boot and it's not viable for me to do this. We are hoping that maybe one day my friend and I could afford to get a little trailer and get a tow hook put on her car so we can offer a delivery service as they have said they are happy to pay for it! But until that happens I'll just hope someone local see's this  :)
Thankyou

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal