Author Topic: Triangle the feral kitten is dead  (Read 5614 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Triangle the feral kitten is dead
« on: May 11, 2011, 14:20:26 »
She had been missing for two days and Shirl found her this morning in a pile of logs near her plot.  She looked as though she was sleeping but was obviously dead.

We immediately suspected poisoning and I phoned our lovely Cats Protection lady who came over straight away.  She took her to the vet and the post-mortem showed that it was a road traffic accident.

I can't begin to tell you how upset Shirl and I are.  Triangle was my favourite cat, the one that I found in the cage with Felix last year.

[attachment=1]

She was the first of our ferals to let me stroke her, and the only one I was able to pick up.

[attachment=2]

She never showed any sign of aggression and would purr away happily while I held her.

[attachment=3]

I know she had a good life for the short time she was with us, but it wasn't long enough.

She didn't come for her food yesterday morning, which was the day after Scarecrow Smith was mugged.  It's hard not to put two and two together but we can't help but wonder if the children had anything to do with her running out onto the road.  She never went near the fence which is nearest the road, but she might have done if she was being chased....

Jenny, our CP lady was marvellous.  She picked Triangle up and wrapped her in towels and took her to the vet.  She was in tears too.  She phoned me to tell me the result, still in tears, and asked if we would like her to be buried in her own garden.
I said that we would, so she phoned me back a few minutes ago to say that it had been done.  She also said that our vet would not be charging for the PM.

I've had so many hugs from people at the allotments this morning.  I know many people will say "It's only a cat"  but I can't help feeling so upset about her.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
Re: Triangle the feral kitten is dead
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 14:23:06 »
So sorry, Betty and Shirl.

Gadget

• Acre
  • Getting dug in, Hertford
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 14:27:29 »
So sorry to hear that, it is horrible knowing that she was in a RTA and at least you had found her nothing is worse than never knowing. the lovely thing is that she had a loving home with both of you and Shirl and hopefully Felix will not feel her loss too much.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 14:33:43 »
I am so sorry for you, please accept my virtual hugs.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 14:38:02 »
So sorry to hear about Triangle.

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 14:38:55 »
That is such sad news.  
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 14:39:01 »
Ahh..sorry to hear that..
But I'm amazed how wonderful animal 'professionals' you have there...vet who doesn't charge for their services..'your' CP lady who doesn't wait until 'tommorrow'..they all seem to be very eager to help you without delay...really lovely.
But you and your 'kittens' deserve all the attention.. ;)

taurus

• Hectare
  • Swindon, Wiltshire
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 14:49:04 »
sorry to be reading this.  huggs to you both.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 15:11:22 »
I'm so sorry to hear this Betty and Shirl, I'm not surprised you are in tears, lossing a pet is horrid, and you'd become so very found of these kittens.

Big hugs all round (including the lovely lady from the CPS) x

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 15:13:51 »
Very sorry to hear this, Triangle of all the moggies.  It is no consolation that she wasn't poisoned but had an accident.  You will miss her.  You gave her a good life and she trusted you.  First the scarecrows and now Triangle.  Not a good couple of days.  Big hug to you and Shirl.  

Blue Butterfly

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 15:46:18 »
 Very sorry to hear about  the cat, such a shame when she had found a nice life at last.
Be glad you gave her some lovely times.
 Blue butterfly

darkbrowneggs

• Half Acre
    • Dark Brown Eggs
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 17:49:08 »
So, so sorry about your lovely cat, but as others have said you gave her a good and happy life with lots of loving.  Its amazing how quickly one gets fond of animals, and how much it hurts when you loose them  :'(

Thinking of you
Sue
I love my traditional English Cuckoo Marans and their lovely big brown eggs

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2011, 18:32:45 »
Oh no, how upsetting that must be. I hope you can both take comfort in the fact that you gave her such a happy life. xx

Ragdoll Lady

• Half Acre
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2011, 18:33:39 »
I am so sorry to hear o your loss of Triangle the cat. The short life she had with both of you was full of love. She made her way back to you after the accident which proves she knew where her home was. Sending you both a hug and healing thoughts. Its true what they say "cats leave paw prints in our hearts"> God bless to you both and the vet and the lady at Cats Protection.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 18:52:04 »
Today has not been a good day. When I found her I just wanted to take her away so that I wouldn't have to tell Betty. It was Betty who looked after her along with the other cats. I live to far away to be there for them every day like she is. Even if I was able to help I could never be as devoted as Betty and her friend Ken who came every afternoon to feed them.
None of the cats ever come down to where our plot is so I am sure that she must have been chased. I am wondering if the 2 canes we found on the grass by our plot have anything to do with it.Whatever the cause I know that she will leave a great big hole in Betty's life that will be very hard to fill.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

pumkinlover

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 21:34:09 »
I'm so sorry that you are having a sad time again, first the Pavilion then Scarecrow Smith, now Triangle.
I hope that is the third and last bad thing to happen and that life on your wonderful site gets back to how it should be.
Love from Anne x

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 22:46:43 »
I'm so sorry for you Betty, and you Shirl, I quite understand.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2011, 00:21:08 »
so sorry x
sanity is overated

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 05:15:44 »
Thank you all so much for your kind messages, they mean a lot to me and Shirl.

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 07:22:02 »
So sorry to here about Triangle Girls, a sad time for you both, all the best Kev.   :-*
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal