Author Topic: Triangle the feral kitten is dead  (Read 5609 times)

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
Re: Triangle the feral kitten is dead
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 08:07:42 »
Poor little Triangle. So very sad for you and Shirl. xxx

small

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 15:39:30 »
So sorry. What a rotten thing to happen.

Lottiman

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 19:56:07 »
Such very sad news about triangle, my thoughts are with you both  you both all the best lottiman.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 20:11:19 »
oh dear whilst i am not a fan of cats myself my heart goes out to you as i know you love them dearly.

Maybe its time Mr Smith got a little cat like companion?

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 20:53:34 »
So sorry Betty and Shirl :'(

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 21:25:53 »
Thank you so much for your kind messages.

It was very sad when I went to feed the cats this morning.  Little Janet came out on her own, she always came with Triangle before.  She let me stroke her for quite a time, almost as though she was making up for not having Triangle to play with any more.

Our Cats Protection lady came to see how we were.  She is so kind and just the sort of person you need when you are in trouble. 
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 21:37:59 »
I'm so very, very sorry Betty to hear about Triangle.  I dread to think how you must be feeling.

Do take care. xx

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 09:08:23 »
good to hear from you and the cats  :) and I still think the CPL lady is a star  :)

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 10:10:15 »
Oh poor puss! Sorry to hear that - I heard on the radio the other day that the average life span of an urban cat, that is allowed outside, in a built up area is only about 4 or 5 years. Sadly they are very often killed in traffic. Our beautiful cat was killed last year by a hit and run driver, she was an indoors cat and not always outside so not so used to traffic. It's heartbreaking, so I do feel for you.

Hope the other cats give you some extra purrs to cheer you up.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2011, 16:05:12 »
You are right Ten, our CP lady really is a star.  Nothing is too much trouble for her.  She is a really busy person but always has time for us and the cats.  She is having a stall at our Plant Sale tomorrow and selling her home-made jams and preserves.  She is giving us half her takings and half to the CP.

If I ever have a cat of my own it would have to be an indoor cat.  I would worry so much that it might get run over if it went out. I'm really sorry about your cat Antipodes, I can understand how you must have felt.

I don't think Felix is missing Triangle at all, he is quite an independent cat, but poor little Janet is.  This morning she came to me and I stroked her for ages.  I have started putting my hands underneath her and lifting her an inch or two off the ground and she doesn't mind at all.  This is a big breakthrough because she has always been so timid and would not go near anyone.  She used to play with Triangle and they were really nice with each other.  Poor little thing is on her own now.
Sinbad, I still feel really sad every time I think of her.  I blame myself for her getting killed because if I'd stopped children from going all over the site it might not have happened.  I've put notices up all over the site now, even in the mens' toilet in front of them while they wee! 
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011, 17:35:44 »
Tony bent over trying to read it and wet his shoes ;D. You will have to put it a bit higher Betty or you are gonna spend all your time mopping up
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 17:39:41 »
Tony bent over trying to read it and wet his shoes ;D. You will have to put it a bit higher Betty or you are gonna spend all your time mopping up

;D
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Alimo

• Acre
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 20:30:17 »
I'm so sorry to hear this - it's always upsetting when a dear animal dies - even worse if it shouldn't have happened.

I hope your cat's protection lady makes lots of money on her stall tomorrow. 

Good luck with it - I only wish I wasn't so far away (pz a bit far for a day trip).

Alison

lewic

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2011, 20:43:46 »
Sounds like all the cats in your neighbourhood have heard how good it is on your plot, so I wouldnt be surprised if you have another little squatter turn up soon  ;)

mentallot

• Half Acre
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2011, 22:10:42 »
Sorry to be a dissenting voice but this makes my blood boil. You're suggesting blame on children who may or may not have been there, suggesting poisoning when it turns out to be a traffic accident. Accept it as a tragic accident, there's no need for it to be anything more

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2011, 05:21:19 »
Sorry to be a dissenting voice but this makes my blood boil. You're suggesting blame on children who may or may not have been there, suggesting poisoning when it turns out to be a traffic accident. Accept it as a tragic accident, there's no need for it to be anything more

The two chldren were there on Monday afternoon and Ken saw them teasing the cats at the pavilion.  When he told them to stop they said that the cat had scratched their dad (impossible because the cats won't go to strangers) so it was alright to tease them.  They were seen running around with bamboo canes which were later found near the fence.   When we first had Felix and he had to stay in a cage for a couple of weeks Ken found them poking sticks through the bars of the cage.  I do suspect it's these two boys but I can't prove it. We never saw Triangle alive after Monday afternoon.

You may be thinking that I am some bitter old woman who hates all children.  Wrong!  I actually like the two boys and spend time with them, talking and getting things for them to do.  They behave perfectly for me, but they are out of their dad's control and he shows no interest in what they are doing.  I have warned him in the past about how dangerous it is for them to be running around with sticks, but he doesn't do anything about it.

As for the poisoning, only a few days ago a plotholder complained to Ken that the cats were pulling up his leeks. He hadn't seen them doing it but he "knew" it was them.  This man in the past has discussed with me various ways of poisoning squirrels so I know he is capable of doing something like that.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 05:24:28 by Squash64 »
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011, 07:03:16 »

I have a plot at Walsall Rd just by where Triangle was found. The cats never venture down there. They are far too timid.The bamboo sticks had been thrown on the ground nearby.
Of course you are entitled to your opinion.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2011, 07:53:21 »
I am so sorry  :(
Such a naturally friendly and lovely cat.

HUGS
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal