The Show > Sunflowers

Giant Sunflowers

<< < (2/2)

Andy H:
I wrap them in foil with skin cut off and cored,put unhealthy amount of butter and toms and onions in, wrap and crucify on hot BBQ to crisp on side for quite a while, nice while still hot.

sunflower_info:
  I was able to get some of those sunflowers that big with no fertilizer.  The most important thing when growing giant sunflowers is to have the right variety.  Not all giant varieties are equal.  I do really well with those Bott's Strain sunflowers and can get 14 feet tall plants with little or no fertilizers. 
   As far as soil, I have a truck drop off a load of composted manure every year and I work it into the soil.  I also add grass cuttings, leaves, pine needles and newspapers into the soil. 

steve9871:
when can u put the seeds in can they stand frost or will they be ok in a cold green house

Rowan:
Wow, they are amazing! Incredible sizes!

How do you get them to stand up, though? By the end of the Summer mine are always flopping around, it doesn't matter how I try to stake them.

Marianne:
Sunflower info

Do you keep the seeds for the birds ??  I would say you would get quite a nice supply ! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version