Author Topic: Foxes  (Read 1430 times)

cocopops

• Acre
Foxes
« on: June 21, 2010, 19:58:49 »
After being shot down on an earlier thread about vipers I am sticking my neck out again.

For anyone that does not know I live in rural Brittany, France.  We keep rescued hens as pets along with rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters, cats and dogs.

About three years ago one of our neighbours (farmer's sister) called my children to look at a fox cub that had been caught in one of their traps.  I am not squeamish but it was not pretty.  She did expain to my children how dangerous they can be to young animals, including the children's then kittens.  They understood.  It is amazing how much the childrens attitude to rural living can change when it is on their doorstep.

Electric fences all the way.  BTW I used to date a hunt sabouter and was veggie for many years, then I moved to here and it is '50's England (without the electric fence) and you just live as they do.  I don't condone hunting for fun but I don't want a fox eating my animals, however well they are protected - not all animals here have that security.

Cocopops

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal