Author Topic: Chicken lessions from the expert!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1442 times)

PaulaB

• Not So New ...
Chicken lessions from the expert!!!!!!!!!!
« on: June 23, 2010, 09:44:52 »
2 plots away from me the family there have just moved in and put chickens in.  They have a daughter (about 8 I think) who is teaching me about chickens.  I told her I would be getting chickens and I was told to make sure I had a coop and run in such a way I nearly said yes miss to her.  Yesterday I was taken for a lession on how to hold chickens, there was another pair of children older brother and younger sister (the older boy didn't like the fact his younger sister could stand holding one but he couldn't) It was so funny but fortunatly I got rescued by the children's mother (I am just not used to kids) it was so funny.

irnhed

• Quarter Acre
Re: Chicken lessions from the expert!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 10:30:50 »
That sounds fabulous.  I'd absolutely love that.  Allowing kids to express themselves and show what they know is just the best thing ever.

If you want to keep it going, you should ask advice for what to feed them, what they need to drink, how often they lay eggs and do you have to put them to 'bed'.

I'm sure you know all the answers already, but it would be lovely to encourage her.

You may want to think about a few things that you know, that she may not, and start sentences with "Did you know that...?" so that you can help expand her knowledge.  It'll also endear you to her forever  :)
I'd rather be digging my plot

debster

• Hectare
Re: Chicken lessions from the expert!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 11:30:43 »
its lovely to hear that children are passionate about animals and their care definatly encourage her, and if you do know already just dont let on  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal