Author Topic: Our little girl is missing  (Read 16541 times)

betula

• Hectare
Re: Our little girl is missing
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 15:32:22 »
Star have you considered creating a page on Facebook.?So many people use it and I think it would be worth doing. :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2010, 19:05:11 »
A letter to the schools asking to put up a picture on school ground, head might even mention it in assembly, rare but have heard it. Pick up time at primaries, lots of Mums and some dogs,flyers to Mums, secondary school talk to the teenagers, ditto flyers.

Have you considered a reward, I know it sullies things a bit but  if someone does have her it might prompt them to give her  up. The kids would actively look too. You do have to be careful though.

XX Jeannine
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 19:14:59 by Jeannine »
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2010, 21:33:02 »
I kep checking the internet to see all the loads of sites advertising found dogs but as there is no description of yours, it is a little hard.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2010, 12:00:02 »
Betula....I came off Facebook, but I think my friend has put it in there. I will check.

Jeannine....We have done the school gates, and posters to children to take to school. That's also difficult because kids try to help and I would hate to think they may get bitten because they had forgotten the....Dont stroke a stray dog lecture...all kids get.. I have told them to tell someone as soon as they can but not to try and catch her. We have offered a reward after a lot of talking about it....as you say its a difficult one. Some callous sorts out there who would hold some to ransom, but we have to try.

PurpleHeather...thank you so much for doing that. There is just so much to think of. I really appreciate that hun

We went to the local dog pound on Thursday and saw a lovely JR cross. Then I saw his pic on a lost dog forum! I posted as there were no contact details for the owner, my post is on there today....I do hope they check the forum and go to collect him. That's always the fear, that we miss the obvious for Maggie. But I now know there is no chance of that with you fantastic people here, there's so much advice and support.......xxx
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2010, 12:05:03 »
Feel sorry for you and hope you find her soon.  I found a dog in the snow, curled up frozen under our van, and next day took him to the police station and kept him until he was claimed.  Called him Jan as found on January 1, very cold winter.  I had him and loved him for 14 years, he was never claimed but he had a good life with me.   If she is friendly lets hope someone is looking after her and that you find her soon.

bazzysbarn

• Half Acre
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 01:15:07 »
Have you put a post on Animalsearch.co.uk?

star

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 09:12:17 »
Oh thanks Bazzysbarn, that's one I haven't heard of. I'll do that right now .

bazzysbarn

• Half Acre
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 23:20:41 »
Hi only found it be accident hope it helps. What about putting ad in Tescos at Mereway or the other supermarkets? Im near sainsburys at sixfields if you want me to put ad in for you? I should think some one has taking her in somewhere.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2010, 16:57:00 »
That would be great BB if you could, how will I get a poster to you? ( I can post one if you pm me your addy) That site is a good 'un, they said they would ring me today and send me some laminated posters as well.

I ran out of ink for the printer yesterday, I have just printed some more off, so will take one up to Tesco tomorrow. They can be funny about putting things like that up. But I can ask.

Subway have all our details and will ring if they see her again.

I agree with you, I think someone has taken her in too. I just wish they would ring and tell us that she's safe and well. Even if they said you're not having her back........it's the not knowing how or where she is that's painful.

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2010, 21:05:01 »
Hope you hear something soon 

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2010, 22:03:51 »
More than a few years ago a cattery lost my cat, posters, phone calls, no reply, lost hope.....9 months later I got a phone call, he'd turned up at a local ladies house 150m from where he'd been lost. She mentioned him in the local pub and someone remembered our lost cat. This was an amazing thing especially as he was really nervous of strangers and would have been almost impossible to rehome if he'd been given to a charity. Soppy date if he knew you though. We picked him up and the cat she'd locked in a stable to stop him running off again went straight to me and got a big cuddle. Poor thing had servere worms and a chest infection but he was back.

Don't give up, good things happen and hopefully it will be you and Maggie in the papers soon.
A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2010, 22:54:54 »
Star, if you have any connections, no matter how weak, use your local papers to see if they will do a small story, use the other dog pining as a reason. needing meds, anything..anything to grab the interest of a reporter, you need to start upping the coverage if you can and  you might just get lucky, if they do it it will flood the area with a picture etc. Don't presume it is not important enough, it might just be... try..ask for help for the sake of the other dog.

They may say they get asked too often but try it..they would get a lot of  street cred if they found her for you.

Still cheering you on here.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2010, 21:17:29 »
I rang our local radio station again this week, they have aired Maggie's plight twice now over the last couple of weeks. But nothing today, possibly they want new stuff.

Our local paper won't do an article on lost or missing pets, they might do if it were stolen. But the free paper said if they had room in the editorials they would put it in next week, he asked me to email him a pic. So fingers crossed it goes in.

I have posters waiting to go to Mereway, I have been waiting for some laminated ones promised by a lost pets site. I have waited for 2 days now, so I'll put mine up tomorrow.

My daughters are coming up on Sat, to have another search....4 of us can cover much more area. I'm a bit useless on my own. Arthritic feet, which slow me down and become extremely painful.

Can I send you a couple of posters BB?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2010, 06:45:09 »
Star, all this running around , posters, printing ink, ads in papers must be getting expensive,,I would like to help with a few bucks..I can't go out there looking and I want to help. PM me your home e mail and I can send you a wee bit via Paypal..it will make me feel better. It comes out of our "givings budget" so Maggie can have a bit,, the lesser pink and purple spotted earth worms have had enough ;D
XXJeannine

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2010, 08:13:13 »
Try to think positive Star. I know it must be terrible for you. Its as if Maggie has vanished into thin air.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2010, 08:46:17 »
Keep doing as much as you can Star and never give up hope.

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2010, 08:56:44 »
Star, have you thought of sending us posters, in different parts of the country, well outside of your area to put up.  You never know Maggie might not still be in your area as dreadful as that sounds.

But, maybe the bigger the area you can cover the better the search for her.

I know it's a long shot but anything is worth a try.

You can certainly send me some posters by email if you like and I'll print them off and put them up round here.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2010, 12:52:34 »
I am completely overwhelmed with the generosity shown.....Jeanine I can't believe you would do that for our little Maggie. I don't know what to say, except thank you....so much.

Sinbad....I will send you a poster in an email.......thank you for offering. It is quite possible she could be anywhere.

I am going now, I can't see the keyboard. I'll pm you Jeanine later today xxx

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2010, 13:01:46 »
I know just how you feel, our cat Jango has been missing since Monday. I have been around the block asking neighbours to check their sheds etc and leaving notes for those I didn't get to speak to. I've phoned all the nearby vets, phoned the animal centre we got him from, phoned the micochip number and let them know he's missing, even phoned the council clean up crew... :'(

Posted him here too, find out if there are any sites for you area that do this for dogs ;)
http://plymouth.cats.org.uk/index.asp?m=gallery&id=1&catid=9975
« Last Edit: June 25, 2010, 13:25:59 by Mortality »
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2010, 13:48:49 »
 Star, if you PM me i shall give you my email & you may want to send me a poster . I shall put it up around the seaside area we live in . Anything will help people on holiday will notice & keep an eye i am sure. Mary x

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal