Author Topic: Our little girl is missing  (Read 16698 times)

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: Our little girl is missing
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2010, 14:44:17 »
This is a small tangent but I think that Jeannine must be one of the kindest, most generous people I have ever been in contact with! It is a privilege to know that people with such big hearts still exist. As we say in Oz, Good on ya!

Star, I keep hoping to see a post that says you have found your pup. I wish you the best in finding her. My cat decided to "holiday" in the neighbour's flat for 2 days this winter and I was beside myself, wondering where she could have gone.  So I fully sympathise. If she has not been picked up by now from some "official channel" (pound etc) I think she has obviously been taken in by someone. And they may either have not seen the posters etc or perhaps they like her a lot? In which case at least she is being taken care of. I  do hope you find her eventually.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2010, 21:08:06 »
Antipodes, my sentiments entirely. I have been a member of these boards for many years, I know many extremely kind people in real life but Jeannines genorosity is incredible, what an amazingly kind thoughtful and generous lady you are Jeannine, your thoughtfulness never ceases to exhaust me, you are a remarkable lady!

Star I truly hope you  become reunited with your dog, I am in Cheshire but if you would like me to display posters then I would be more than welcome to help you and truly hope that you are able to reunite with your pet very soon x

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2010, 21:13:52 »
That is one AMAZING lady.

bazzysbarn

• Half Acre
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2010, 00:16:34 »
Hi Star
  its ok i have seen your poster and will print some off here. Have also told my kids if they hear if any one has "got" a new dog to let me know. Dont forget to put some in cars. Good luck in looking for her.  BB

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2010, 12:01:39 »
for the second time in two days i cant see my keyboard. everyone is so kind.......i will email posters to all who asked for one. huge thanks.

and yes jeanine is like our mum xxx. i just lost mine in feb. its been a dreadful year so far

i agree someone may have maggie, i just wish they would phone and let us know she is safe. its better than not knowing and we would forever worry they were looking after her right, a bit hypocritical, as i was the one who lost her in the first place.

i will send emails later today, my daughters are here to help now. and i dont know how to attach pic from scanner ineed  hubby to help.

huge thanks to everyone. i could hug you all xxxxxxx
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2010, 11:01:19 »
I hope you get some good news soon.  :)
Jango turned up last night, he was crying outside our front door at 10pm, he was very nervious and very hungry but otherwise seems fine.
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2010, 11:20:36 »
Jeannine.........thank you  :-* :-* :-*

What a day yesterday........in the afternoon I had another hoax call. Traveled a 30 mile round trip. The brainless morons, I hope it satisfied their needs >:(

Then at 7 - ish a lady rang to say a dog answering Maggie's description was playing with their dog. They went back out after seeing our poster and looked for an hour, taking a spare lead and treats. No signs. I took my friend out there as soon as the lady rang she showed us where Maggie was seen and we spent 3 hours hunting.

Lots of woodland and a huge golf course and meadows. Very beautiful. But still no sign. Sally (Litter sister) seemed to pick up a scent but lost it. Looking on the map she is getting closer,if it is her, but bless her its taken 2 days short of a month for her to cover 5 miles.

Sinbad....the email I sent you failed. I can still send one by snail mail. I know it seems daft if the dog seen around here is Maggie. But you never know. I will wait to hear from you.

I'm tired and my ankle is complaining bitterly, so I am taking a couple of hours off to rest. This mornings hunt was also fruitless.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2010, 11:22:59 »
Our posts grossed Mortality, I am so pleased that Jango found his way home. It's a huge relief for both of you. I bet he's sleeping now all curled and content........... :-* ;)

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2010, 11:44:23 »
Star as an owner of 7 dogs i know just how you feel as hubby lost our lab pup last week, i found her hiding in a stagnant pond !! just her head sticking out, little mare LOL.
My friend lost her lab sud dog at the Dorset steam fair which is HUGE over 600 acres and feared she would never see him again but he was found a few fields away wet and dirty and very hungry 3 days later.
My heart goes out to you hun and i will have a look around the rescue centres down here in Dorset just incase and send a picture to the lady who runs pound pup rescue as she goes to the 4 Welsh pounds once a week so she will keep an eye open there for you hun.
Keep strong and don't give up (((((((((hug)))))))).

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2010, 12:07:10 »
Star have a look here...
A long way down is a dog called tammy lee im not sure but it looks like your girl !!
im still looking hun.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2010, 18:17:34 »
Oh, you forgot a link Flower? Thanks for asking round hun xxx

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2010, 18:38:36 »
There is a Tammy Lee on here Star but she is not your little girl.   :'(

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=46987&st=90

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2010, 22:09:26 »
ooooppppssss sorry Star i must have had a daft moment :(
That is the one  Pauline posted the link to.
Have looked through every advery i can and checked all the rescues in Dorset, no luck but will keep looking.

star

• Hectare
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2010, 22:15:00 »
Ah thanks for posting Pauline, I tried to join that one but I have a hotmail account, which they don't accept.

This is Maggie's poster  

http://www.doglost.co.uk/poster.php?dogId=23789

oh I don't think that link is going to work, but the addy is what might be needed to print off the poster. I have tried to email my poster (instead of this one) and it didn't work at all. Hopefully this will work.....if not I'll need help..........I'm not very good with putas ::)

Apparently Maggie is in the Countryman's weekly........!!!! Great coverage, I don't know who or from what website put her in there, but thank you :-*

xxxx

star

• Hectare
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2010, 22:17:00 »
Our posts crossed Flower, thanks for all your efforts hun. There are some wonderful people in this world and most of them are right here on A4A......... :-* ;)

CoffeePot

• Not So New ...
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2010, 16:51:50 »
Hi, I very seldom post as I never have anything interesting to say  :-[ but just wanted to wish you lots of good luck in finding your lovely dog. I've put her poster on my Facebook.

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2010, 17:02:39 »
4 posters up in Surrey today Star.

Coffeepot, is it easy to put on Facebook?  I can  put it on mine too if I knew how :D

CoffeePot

• Not So New ...
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2010, 17:05:05 »
Hi, just copy the link and paste it into your status :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2010, 17:26:33 »
thanks for the idea, coffeepot, I've added it to mine  :)

star

• Hectare
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2010, 14:15:02 »
http://www.animalsearchuk.co.uk/view_lost_pet.php?id=17800

My last link didn't work, so I will try this one. Its a different site, but no matter.

Flower.....thanks so much for all your efforts, there are so many places to look I just cant do them all. So I really, really appreciate so many eyes helping  :-* x

Coffeepot.....I am so grateful you posted as you said you don't normally. thank you for adding Maggie to your Facebook  :-* x

Sinbad.....Thank you for postering hunny, and also adding Maggie to your Facebook too  :-* x

Manics.......And your Facebook! Thanks so much......this is getting the word out so much better than I can on my own!  :-* x

You're all marvelous guys :).

I have just got back from another search, a mum rang saying her 10 year old daughter saw a black dog this morning. It could be any dog, but I have got to check it out.

Unfortunately the Landy's clutch has gone so I have to rely on friends to pick me up this week. Their help is invaluable, although it wastes a good half hour before I get collected and then make our way to the wherever we need to go to.

I'm not complaining, its all just very frustrating. I need to eat, I need to sleep and I need to stop crying. You would think I would have done that after a month.........stopped crying.

I'll stop with the drama queen stuff now.

Huge hugs to you all for doing what you have all done.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal