Author Topic: Good bye Gordon Brown  (Read 7802 times)

Old bird

• Hectare
Re: Good bye Gordon Brown
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2010, 12:12:10 »
Glad that I have avoided all political programmes on telly/paper.

I am sure that there will always be haters and non haters of politicians - they by the very nature of their JOB will appear to do good for some and bad for others.

I cannot see why people need to slag individual politicians off (except when they are stealing tax payers money) after all they are only doing a JOB!  Some people on here seem to be very animated in their love or hate of Gordon Brown - I would save such extremes of views for things that REALLY matter - like family, life or death.  At the end of the day how many people in this country are dying of starvation!

Old Bird
 :o

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2010, 14:22:51 »
 Goodbye to Gordon, he really was a nice man.
Sorry labour lost but now we have all lost. The tory distroyers are already talking of VAT, at 20% thats just for starters.

Gordon Brown you will be sorely missed. Enjoy your wife & family.

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2010, 14:38:01 »
The worst prime minister/chancellor or the exchequer we have ever known.  Good riddance to rotten rubbish.

valmarg

Totally agree.   Here here 8)  All in favour of his resignation say Aye....   Aye, aye, aye, aye, aye............. 
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

lillian

• Acre
  • Suffolk
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2010, 17:05:46 »
Goodbye to Gordon, he really was a nice man.
Sorry labour lost but now we have all lost. The tory distroyers are already talking of VAT, at 20% thats just for starters.

Gordon Brown you will be sorely missed. Enjoy your wife & family.

If Labour had remained in power they would be making cuts, raising VAT and tax. The public debt is way to big to ignore.  Cancel that foreign holiday and spend your money in the Uk. Your country needs you ;D

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2010, 17:52:08 »
VAT is going up to 20% and the tories will be making £6 billion in cuts, can't wait for 2 year waiting lists for the nhs and interest rates of 20%+. Oh how I've missed the tories.
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2010, 21:58:53 »
Valmarg, I have heard several times over the last few days Brown being said to have stalinist tendencies.
Well that certainly passed me by.  I didn't like the man, but to his credit, he didn't murder his countrymen as did Stalin.

valmarg

campanula

• Hectare
  • double digging dudette
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2010, 22:54:05 »
Sadly though, the concept of democracy itself is under scrutiny. Even dismissing electoral irregularities, the usual gerrymandering boundary changes, massively unequal compaign budgets and so on, we all suspect that the country is actually governed by faceless CEOs in global conglomerates. Our politicians, far from being public servants, are largely bought and paid for, shamelessly touting 'influence'  as 'consultants' (pimps). Has anyone noticed the preponderance of finance and business backgrounds possessed by the majority of new MPs. No surprises there then. Lobbyists, undeclared interests, the crass croneyism, vulgar venality and hypocritical cant employed by the spivs and wideboys of the bullingdon boys - christ, heartsick already anticipating more cowardly evasions dismissing the inevitable repossessions and job losses. Market economics are heartless, morally repugnant and, in the longer term, fiscally reprehensible. The fu###rs!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2010, 08:35:24 »
VAT is going up to 20% and the tories will be making £6 billion in cuts, can't wait for 2 year waiting lists for the nhs and interest rates of 20%+. Oh how I've missed the tories.
at least we don't have our own home to lose this time  :-\

amphibian

« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2010, 08:57:59 »

The high interest will provide a great opportunity for their city chums to cash in on our misery.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2010, 11:10:04 »
Have I missed something - who has announced huge interest rate rises?

I can understand the VAT increase you need to be spending money on "stuff" not food so will affect people with money to spend and - for everyday amounts 2 1/2 p in the pound is not going to really hurt that much!!

Sadly though, the concept of democracy itself is under scrutiny. Even dismissing electoral irregularities, the usual gerrymandering boundary changes, massively unequal compaign budgets and so on, we all suspect that the country is actually governed by faceless CEOs in global conglomerates. Our politicians, far from being public servants, are largely bought and paid for, shamelessly touting 'influence'  as 'consultants' (pimps). Has anyone noticed the preponderance of finance and business backgrounds possessed by the majority of new MPs. No surprises there then. Lobbyists, undeclared interests, the crass croneyism, vulgar venality and hypocritical cant employed by the spivs and wideboys of the bullingdon boys - christ, heartsick already anticipating more cowardly evasions dismissing the inevitable repossessions and job losses. Market economics are heartless, morally repugnant and, in the longer term, fiscally reprehensible. The fu###rs!
Campanula to be honest there are so many big words in this quote that I don't understand what you are saying - but I am assuming that you are not happy?  What has Christ got to do with it - has he been elected?

Sorry to be flippant - I - obviously couldn't give a stuff - what will be will be!

O B

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2010, 12:35:11 »

I can understand the VAT increase you need to be spending money on "stuff" not food so will affect people with money to spend and - for everyday amounts 2 1/2 p in the pound is not going to really hurt that much!!

Not according to Save the Children:

http://workplacegiving.co.uk/news-and-press-archive/rise-in-vat-would-hit-poorest-families-hardest/

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2010, 15:23:55 »
I think i am missing something here too. Our deficit, I thought, was down to bailing out the banks. The baks are making huge profits and paying huge bonuses. Why aren't they paying us back? Why do we have to pay twice for some other b*gger's c*ck-up?

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2010, 18:16:59 »
Have I missed something - who has announced huge interest rate rises?

Campanula to be honest there are so many big words in this quote that I don't understand what you are saying - but I am assuming that you are not happy?  What has Christ got to do with it - has he been elected?

Sorry to be flippant - I - obviously couldn't give a stuff - what will be will be!

O B
Must be a Tory - only a Tory would fail to see VAT as being the most regressive tax of them all.  The most progressive taxes are Income Tax and Inheritanc Tax and which are the ones the Tories like to cut - says it all!!!
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2010, 18:24:26 »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal