Author Topic: Good bye Gordon Brown  (Read 7912 times)

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
Good bye Gordon Brown
« on: May 11, 2010, 20:07:11 »
I did not agree with every thing you did and said but I at the end of the day,  you acted perfectly correctly. In accordance with protocol and the constitution.

I think you are a thoroughly decent bloke. The fact that people did not like you was mainly because you were honest.

Ordinary

Working class

You flew into a temper easily when things were not going your way.....That was because your parents did not employ a Nanny to train you not to.

Tony, Nick  and David all had parents who could afford their Mary Poppins or Nanny McFee.

It does make a difference.

I think you did your best.

NOW

Forward................Let's see how things will develop..........

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
Re: Good bye Gordon Brown
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 20:41:35 »
Must say I thought his resignation speech was very dignified. I should think he's breathing a huge sigh of relief now.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 20:56:17 »
Must say I thought his resignation speech was very dignified. I should think he's breathing a huge sigh of relief now.
As is the rest of the country.

The worst prime minister/chancellor or the exchequer we have ever known.  Good riddance to rotten rubbish.

valmarg

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 21:08:12 »
As is the rest of the country.

The worst prime minister/chancellor or the exchequer we have ever known.  Good riddance to rotten rubbish.

valmarg

I rest my case.......No constructive remarks......Pure venom

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 21:09:27 »
It's a difficult job, whatever your political persuasions might be, sorting out the mess you inherit from one party to the other.  I wouldn't like it! We'll all find something to congratulate him on or moan about.

Ninny x

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 21:22:15 »

The worst prime minister/chancellor or the exchequer we have ever known.  Good riddance to rotten rubbish.

valmarg

What, worse than Thatcher? :o

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 21:30:24 »
And twelve years later it is still the Tories bloody fault and by the way today a pit in Nottinghamshire called 'Welbeck' was shut down so I suppose that is the Tories fault, thank you Gordy for the debt you have left us with, at least we can say we have a bigger one than Greece,

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 22:03:15 »
A statesman, a great politician and a thoroughly honest man. Worth 100 Tony Blairs in terms of integrity and dedication.

I wish him well. He deserves better than he has got.

And one of our great Chancellors of the exchequer.

History will rate him greater than he is rated today.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 22:09:48 by grawrc »

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 22:03:41 »
I did not agree with every thing you did and said but I at the end of the day,  you acted perfectly correctly. In accordance with protocol and the constitution.

I think you are a thoroughly decent bloke. The fact that people did not like you was mainly because you were honest.

Ordinary

Working class

You flew into a temper easily when things were not going your way.....That was because your parents did not employ a Nanny to train you not to.

Tony, Nick  and David all had parents who could afford their Mary Poppins or Nanny McFee.

It does make a difference.

I think you did your best.

NOW

Forward................Let's see how things will develop..........
Here here and lets leave all the snide, nasty comments to the sites little Hitlers who know no better.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

:(

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 22:55:24 »
Here here and lets leave all the snide, nasty comments to the sites little Hitlers who know no better.

A Godwin in less than 10 posts  8)

Cherryblossom

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 23:40:54 »
 Goodbye GORDON BROWN bless you,  an honest politician has no place in the government. You were to nice to stay. Thank you .

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 23:49:31 »
Hmmm a labour guy getting rid of the 10p tax,not what I would call Labour.

If I had my way every one of them that claimed a penny over what they were entitled to in expenses would never have been allowed to stand again.

After many years spent as a Labour Activist I was happy not to vote for any of this seedy lot.

Give this lot six months.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 23:57:21 »

A Godwin in less than 10 posts  8)

yes, but not the end of the discussion!!
You couldn't make it up!

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 00:09:53 »
Slightly off topic but I noticed on GB's trip to BP and back and David Cameron's trips the security was dreadful,members of the public getting very close to the cars stuck in traffic to take pics of them.

What if these people were carrying guns or worse.

I don't rate them but do not want to see them as sitting ducks  ???

medicinejack

• Not So New ...
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 01:12:08 »
They did have some nice veg in the no. 10 garden though.

:(

• Acre
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2010, 01:23:52 »

A Godwin in less than 10 posts  8)

yes, but not the end of the discussion!!

A Quirk's Exception then.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2010, 05:11:17 »
I have no political preferences at all so my comment does not come from favouring a tory, lib dem , labour or anything else.

Regarding Mr Brown, he stuck me as a pretty decent man who seemed way out of his depth with the job he had to do, he went in at a bad time and did his best , he presented to me as a very honest man . It is a rotten job at best, rarely does one hear positive things about a PM these days,sadly we only seem to hear the negative. Personally I felt sorry for him.

But what do I know..just a feeling I got.

I did not feel the same about his predecessor,his body language gave me the impression he was untruthful most of the time.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

jono

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2010, 05:48:00 »
Just to put my 2p in!  Myself and my partner are an old fashioned family type, we have two kids 7 weeks old and 3 1/2 years old, I go out and work my socks off so that she can stay at home and give our kids the love they need in the first few years which we believe in invaluable! Anyway Mr Brown brought in Tax credits which has helped us to be able to do this. We live on the bread line a lot but our kids know love that Mr Cameron etc could only dream of getting from their parents! He also introduced Sure Start centres which have proven to be a great help with new parents, young families and single parents!
Finally he has had to deal with the floods, disesse's and terorism! all after inheiriting a government from Mr Blair after he jumped ship! It is not Mr Browns fault or Labours for that matter for the reasons out troups are in Afganistan! Mr Blair had his head well and truly lodged up Mr Bush's arse and got us into this blood mess, Mr Brown has tried his hardest to get things straightened out!
By the way I am a non voter! All politicians are crooks and liers! If I took money that was not mine or lied in a job interview then got the job and did none of what I said I would to I'D BE SACKED and most definatly ARRESTED!! One rule for one one for the people at the top!! They chose to get into politics knowing it would involve traveling to london, buy a train ticket not a second home!! If a builder had to go to london because work in his local area dried up do you think he could buy a house up there and put it through his books???? HELL NO!! And a last point if I borrow from a bank I have to pay back with interest!! How have they secured a loan with no interest and no repayments!!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2010, 09:17:59 »
A statesman, a great politician and a thoroughly honest man. Worth 100 Tony Blairs in terms of integrity and dedication.

I wish him well. He deserves better than he has got.

And one of our great Chancellors of the exchequer.

History will rate him greater than he is rated today.

I couldn't agree more Grawrc; I admired and respected him too. 

melann

• Not So New ...
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 10:14:29 »
I THINK WE HAD BEST GET SECURITY ON OUR PLOTS FOR NOW THE COUNTRY WILL GO DOWNHILL AND PPL WILL NEED TO STEAL TO LIVE
CAMORON DONT WONT TO PAY THE POLICE HE WANTS SHERIFFS TO SACK I THINK MY VEG WILL NEED PROTECTION

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal