Author Topic: Good bye Gordon Brown  (Read 7899 times)

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: Good bye Gordon Brown
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 16:52:58 »
Here here and lets leave all the snide, nasty comments to the sites little Hitlers who know no better.

You're not calling me one of Gordie's bigots, are you reclanger? ;D

Hope you've managed to get the hook out of the roof of your mouth. ;D

valmarg

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 18:29:02 »
This was never intended as a spouting point for political activists.

It was intended to recognise decency. Regardless of political persuasion.

I also thought Ted Heath was basically a decent sort  too. Just for the record.

Decent people are never well thought of in politics though are they?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 18:59:15 »
Me too, he seemed an all round nice fella.

I met Mr Brown when he came to our school when the floods wrecked it, he was  ver charming and do you know he almost seemed shy.

Positive thumbs up from me  PH XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 19:28:54 »
Sorry PurpleHeather, buy my original post was not venomous, but pure mischief.  I am not a political activist, in fact I am pretty much indifferent to the political landscape. I admit I always vote becuase, being female, 100 years ago a lot of women went to a lot of trouble to secure me that right, and I do not take that lightly.

Irrespective of how I voted last Thursday. I just did not like Grodon Brown, and am not sorry to see him go.

His record as chancellor of destroying the private sector final salary pension schemes, but not having the courage to do the same with the public sector schemes has not done him any favours.

But. all water under the bridge.

valmarg

amphibian

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2010, 19:30:42 »
Me too, he seemed an all round nice fella.

I met Mr Brown when he came to our school when the floods wrecked it, he was  ver charming and do you know he almost seemed shy.

Positive thumbs up from me  PH XX Jeannine

You should have heard what he said about you when he got in his car.  ;)

superspud

• Half Acre
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 19:45:07 »
Sigh. I have no doubts that by the time  of the next election most of this will be said about David Cameron and the Tories. No one will ever be flavour of the year with everyone, no one will ever do the job to everyones satisfaction, if they could and they all got it right we would never need to vote one party out and another in, look what the Tories did to the old iron lady, they couldn't wait to stab her in the back and get shot of her yet everyone now waxes lyrical about her and how great she was for the country. Its the same all the time, those can can, do, those that can't moan or take up teaching.

If I thought I could do it any better than those before me I would take up politics instantly, funnily enough I look at the pics of those that become PM then when they leave office, sadly I see a marked decline in their appearance and how grey thier hair gets. It is one hell of a responsibility and not for the feint hearted.

Ignore me I'm having a breakdown.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 20:47:09 »
yet everyone now waxes lyrical about her and how great she was for the country.

Er, who does?? Won't rant because that's not what this thread's about but..... :o

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 21:30:35 »
 :-\

Not a rant, just a comment...I have been a lifelong Labour supporter and have felt thoroughly let down by the party in recent years. I think Mr Brown was a decent man left with a poisoned chalice by Blair. I hope he has a happier future ahead of him with his family.

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2010, 21:36:47 »
I loathe Thatcher.  Nuff said.

PS - I can and I took up teaching but am now out of the classroom.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2010, 21:48:01 »
Here here and lets leave all the snide, nasty comments to the sites little Hitlers who know no better.

valmarg

Valmarg,  when Brown referred to the lady in Rochdale as a bigot it was the worst comment I have ever heard in my life especially from a Preachers son and a wannabee squatter, but then again I would rather not be referred to as a Stalinist,

amphibian

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2010, 21:52:15 »
it was the worst comment I have ever heard in my life

Then you must have had the most sheltered life imaginable.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 22:27:07 »

valmarg

Valmarg,  when Brown referred to the lady in Rochdale as a bigot it was the worst comment I have ever heard in my life especially from a Preachers son and a wannabee squatter, but then again I would rather not be referred to as a Stalinist,
Oh my sainted aunt ??? where did Stalin get in on the act of this election. ::)  I certainly never mentioned him.

By some coincidence today is the anniversary of Winston Churchill becoming Prime Minister in the coalition government during the war.  Hope this coalition works as well. ;D

valmarg

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2010, 08:05:06 »
Valmarg, I have heard several times over the last few days Brown being said to have stalinist tendencies.

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2010, 08:22:29 »

A Quirk's Exception then.

I think we're on our own, here weequeenie!!
You couldn't make it up!

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2010, 08:50:02 »
So we've had Hitler, Stalin and Churchill. Where are Roosevelt  and Mussolini in all this?

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2010, 09:13:46 »
So we've had Hitler, Stalin and Churchill. Where are Roosevelt  and Mussolini in all this?

I think that Godwin would be proud!!
You couldn't make it up!

Old Central

• Half Acre
  • One day we'll build some walls.
« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2010, 10:25:11 »
Sorry could not resist this quote form the new Business Secretary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9ZErdQy96U

OC

amphibian

« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2010, 11:07:24 »

A Quirk's Exception then.

I think we're on our own, here weequeenie!!

Godwin's law refers to the use of Nazi analogies, the OP merely referred to little Hitlers, which is a phrase, a comparison at most, and certainly not a Nazi analogy. Godwin's law surely did not apply here.

:(

• Acre
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2010, 11:26:47 »
Godwin's law refers to the use of Nazi analogies, the OP merely referred to little Hitlers, which is a phrase, a comparison at most, and certainly not a Nazi analogy. Godwin's law surely did not apply here.

Godwin's law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies or Godwin's law of Nazi Analogies)[1][2] is a humorous observation made by Mike Godwin in 1990 which has become an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1."[3][2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Dirty Digger

• Quarter Acre
  • South Devon. Got a small patch and some pots.
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2010, 11:40:32 »
I wasn't a Gordon Brown fan though in reality, even less a fan of the Tory party. The Thatcher era was a disaster as much as Brown's leadership, however, it's amazing that even after Browns "Bigot" comment, the Tories were still unable to get a clear majority.

Had Gordon not shot himself in the foot with that remark, we would likely still have a labour Government.

I don't trust the Tories one little bit, though now GB has stepped down, the Millibands are just as untrustworthy as both his predecessor and the entire Tory party put together.

Personally, i'd like to have a Prime Minister who didn't think his upbringing was akin to a right to rule the country.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal