Author Topic: Bye bye Cadbury, hello Kraft ...  (Read 5865 times)

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
Re: Bye bye Cadbury, hello Kraft ...
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2010, 10:07:23 »
When Kraft first tried to buy out Cadbury's they said they were going to keep Somerdale the Kynesham factory open as Cadbury's intended to shut it and move production to Poland (they are building a factory over there) but lacal papers say there is no mention of this now and Kraft are expected to say that dismanteling the factory has gone to far to halt the closure

so Cadbury's was not going to be British made chocolate but Polish
marg
Do we make anything in britian anymore :'(

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2010, 10:54:14 »
humm..interesting back ground reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraft_Foods
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2010, 00:27:11 »
The Bournville factory is the closest thing in the entire universe to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. No point to that. Just an observation.  8)
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2010, 07:43:22 »
When Kraft first tried to buy out Cadbury's they said they were going to keep Somerdale the Kynesham factory open as Cadbury's intended to shut it and move production to Poland (they are building a factory over there) but lacal papers say there is no mention of this now and Kraft are expected to say that dismanteling the factory has gone to far to halt the closure

Exactly what they said.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/kraft-to-close-cadbury-factory-near-bristol-1894520.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal