Allotment Stuff > The Basics

wind turbine

(1/8) > >>

jethro:
I am trying to build a small wind turbine for my allotment can anyone out help me with this :-/ as i'm going mad trying to find second hand parts :'(

Mrs Ava:
hehehehe, you and a wind turbine, my husband with solar panels!  Boys and their toys!  ;D  What do you want a wind turbine to power? ???

jethro:
Hi Emmajane, us boys have got nothing else to play with so we go for toys!!!!!!!!  :o I need the turbine for a heat lamp so my poor little chicks (hens not woman) will not freeze to death over the winter, which i think is a valid excuse. anyway thanks for the reply, but what does your husband need the solar panels for? ::)

minerva:
:P i am a girl and would love a small wind turbine down the lotty, then i could plug in all sorts, kettle, toaster, heater 4 the greenhouse and me, lights, radio, hairdryer, tv, dishwasher,, ect then i could stay down there and leave my boyfriend to cope by himself when he starts being annoying. ;D

Mrs Ava:
Well Jethro, the solar panel plan is to power a small pump from the stream which runs along the back of my plot so I don't have to drag a bucket back and forth.  Now of course, I don't mind dragging the bucket, and I figure once we are settled and got a shed, we will be able to save rainwater into buts, but he, in his infinite wisdom feels that we can harness the suns energy to get water to my plot....hmmm.....I'm not convinced, but I will keep you posted, and who knows, eventually I will get around the getting some pics taken and up on the site.
Minerva - that made me laugh! heheheheh.  I think if there was power to my plottie, I would probably never be home!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version