Author Topic: putting a picture on my profile  (Read 6595 times)

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
putting a picture on my profile
« on: December 15, 2009, 01:21:52 »
Am not stupid and have managed to download, upload, create slide shows and powerpoint presentations and edit videos, but I just can't work out how to add a photo to my profile!  On reading other threads I think it might have something to do with the size of the photo, but can someone please explain what to do in really simple terms?

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: putting a picture on my profile
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 07:05:54 »
Resize the photo you want for your avatar free using this site....

http://www.ivertech.com/freeOnlineImageResizer/freeOnlineImageResizer.aspx

I reduce mine to 200 x 200 pixels for avatars. save your reduced image somewhere on your computer, then go into 'Forum Profile Information' on this site. Go to 'I will upload my own picture', click on the 'browse' button and find your reduced image, save your updated profile info  and Bobs your uncle! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 21:35:31 »
Thanks Deb for the web link and very clear instructions- that was really simple when I knew how, and the proof is in the picture!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 23:23:29 »
Hurrah! ;D ;D ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

jasicajame

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 04:10:21 »
Can anybody tell me that how can I upload my photo in my profile I did not get any option to upload my photo. And I also do not know that which size of photo is required to upload here. And if some one suggest me which type of photo I have to be uploaded here.

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 07:49:06 »
If you go onto forum profile informaton the option should be the third one down.
You can upload what you like-your own photo or a cartoon or similar. I am not clever enough to do the fancy moving pictures or the signatures that some people have on here :-[

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 22:54:33 »
Pumpkin, that's exactly right and if you want an animated profile pic/avatar, just make sure its size is 100 x 100 or smaller else it becomes 'static'. :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal