Author Topic: Gallery  (Read 1866 times)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Gallery
« on: July 11, 2009, 15:20:09 »
HELP!

How do you post pictures to one's own gallery?  We are computer literate but confused  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
The Tuscan Beaneater

Sabretooth

• Not So New ...
Re: Gallery
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 15:21:46 »
 ;D
Yes, some help please...would like to post up some garden/plot/veg photos ;D
Green Paws :D

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 18:06:16 »
I'll try and help.....! ;D

First thing I do is re-size the photos I want to put in my gallery; if you don't do this, one photo will take up a lot of room and you will run out of space in your gallery, we only have so many MB each. I use a simple online re-sizer like this, reducing each photo by 50%; 

http://www.ivertech.com/freeOnlineImageResizer/freeOnlineImageResizer.aspx

Save the re-sized photos you want to post to a file on your computer, I use a 're-sized' file in 'My pictures' on Windows XP.

Click on the A4A 'Gallery' tab and click on 'members galleries'....you should find your avatar name listed if you have posted photos before, if you have never tried before, go to your 'profile' tab instead, and you will find a 'view gallery' link next to 'user images' on that page.

Under 'Gallery Admin panel' you can make different sections of your gallery, for example plot no.1, home garden, cats, etc. You can load a photo that will be shown for that category, fill in the title, description if you want one, then upload a photo; do this by clicking on the browse button next to 'upload gallery icon' you then find your re-sized photos on your computer, click on the one you want to use then click 'add category' button at the bottom.

Now you have a gallery category sorted, you can load your photos. Click into your category, and  it has 'add a picture' at the bottom. Click that link and use the same method as you added a category to load each picture from your computer.

Simples! Hope this helps a bit. Have a look at my gallery to see how I have laid it out and added descriptions and titles of things, you can add subcategories as well if you like.....
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 18:08:15 by Deb P »
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 18:11:48 »
Thank you Deb - that was really clear.   :) :)  Sabre and I are Photoshooing his pics now and will have a go.

:) :) :) :)
The Tuscan Beaneater

Sabretooth

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 14:14:24 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Done it....thanks all  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 22:04:39 »
Nice pics, son - well done  :-* :-* :-*
The Tuscan Beaneater

Sabretooth

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 22:06:18 »
Thanks...and thanks for help too ;D ;D ;D I will put up more at a later stage.

Happy gardening

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 23:00:03 »
Well done all, the pics look great! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal