Author Topic: Noisey Chickens  (Read 1542 times)

woody

• Quarter Acre
  • Unleash the heat
    • Fire Foods
Noisey Chickens
« on: June 26, 2009, 11:50:12 »
Hi all,
         i have three naked necks 1 orpington 1 white star and 1 black rock, the no necks are fine, but the other three can be loud, any ideas, they roam the garden would they be better kept in a run, help i'm scared i'll get upset neighbours.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:08:30 by woody »

xlynettex

• Quarter Acre
Re: Noisey Chickens
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 13:05:59 »
hello, i have 3 chicken and 2 chicks. 2 of them are quiet, just alittle noise after they have layed but my buff orphington has only just started laying a month ago and coos all morning making sure everybody knows how difficult it is laying these eggs for us. i`m hoping this will ease as she get older and more experienced. i too don`t want to upset my neighours and hoping its down to her age.

how old r ur girl ?

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
Re: Noisey Chickens
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 09:59:15 »
Mine are in runs, yours may see too much, like big birds flying over something scareing them they will put out a alarm call. It happens if I drop something it alarms ours. Its their way of warning all.
Yes they make a noise when an egg is laid big thing for pullets they do go better when older but still make a noise.
My one neighbrough is in her 80's and thinks its like living in disney world with the hens next door ( shes learnt a lot about hens with us) but she loves it. Our other neighbroughs always ask if the hens are ok and love to lisen to them they ask lots of questions I am so lucky to have great neighbroughs in our village.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal