Author Topic: Is anyone worried about swine flu?  (Read 14790 times)

Baccy Man

• Hectare
  • Powys, Wales
Re: Is anyone worried about swine flu?
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2009, 22:37:16 »
How come theres nothing about pigs dying?

There are up to 400,000 pigs dying in Egypt, none of them have swine flu but they are going to be slaughtered just in case.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/farming-north-wales/farming-news/2009/04/30/egypt-to-slaughter-entire-pig-herd-over-swine-flu-fears-55578-23506924/

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2009, 23:14:38 »
Yes but they are not keen on pigs in Egypt so this is a good excuse to get rid of them. 

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2009, 06:46:37 »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we had bird flu they culled the birds.
Now with swine flu they're culling pigs.
What happens with the next outbreak of Asian flu?

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2009, 07:08:33 »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we had bird flu they culled the birds.
Now with swine flu they're culling pigs.
What happens with the next outbreak of Asian flu?

I think they are re-naming it Wight flu.

Just for you..

pippy

• Acre
  • North Notts Allotments!
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2009, 08:06:40 »
I wonder what the egyptians will do next time someone gets Man Flu ?? ;D ;D :o :o
Leave only footprints, take only photographs ....

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2009, 08:31:06 »

Just for you..

Isle of Wight flu is really nasty. It's not fatal, it just makes you wish you were dead

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #66 on: May 01, 2009, 08:37:19 »
Im slightly concerned as i have foreign language students from all over the world and they all mix at school ! They have loads from Mexico every year and we have not been told that they are on hold until its cleared!
With international travel any virus that is strong enough has the potential to cause a pandemic.
Lets hope no more people die from it and western drugs keep it under control :)
We must remember people have died from this and left families behind.

RobinOfTheHood

• Hectare
  • South Yorks
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2009, 11:20:29 »
SURVIVORS TO ENJOY GLORIOUS SUMMER, SAYS MET OFFICE     
BRITAIN'S small band of pork flu survivors can look forward to a hot, dry summer, the Met Office confirmed last night.

After the densely populated wash-outs of the last two years, experts said Britain's thinned-out herd will enjoy the 'perfect combination' of great weather and very short queues.

A Met Office spokeswoman said: "The roads will be nice and quiet and the beaches will be wonderfully empty.

"You'll also be able to help yourself to some nice salads and a bottle of rosé at the deserted supermarkets and then have your pick of the abandoned soft-tops in the car park."

She added: "The only slight problem we can foresee is the permanent and overwhelming stench of decaying flesh."

Emma Bradford, deputy editor of Good Housekeeping, said: "If all your friends are dead, just heave some corpses into your garden, put sunglasses on them and then prop them up à la Weekend at Bernie's, while hosting a ghoulish and macabre Sunday afternoon barbecue.

"Then you could circulate, topping up everyone's drinks while pretending that they're all laughing at your witty remarks and asking where you got your lovely new sandals.

"And as the afternoon melts into a warm summer evening, why not put on some music, grab that sexy neighbour of yours and drag his lifeless body round the lawn? There really are some wonderful memories just waiting to happen."

Meanwhile the government yesterday launched its pork flu information campaign underlining the fact that despite 2000 years of civilisation the people of Britain still have to be reminded to use a f**k**g hanky.
I hoe, I hoe, then off to work I go.

http://tapnewswire.com/

Columbus

• Hectare
    • A Duel of Delight and Desperation Index page
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2009, 16:05:07 »
Meanwhile the government yesterday launched its pork flu information campaign underlining the fact that despite 2000 years of civilisation the people of Britain still have to be reminded to use a f**k**g hanky.

And there are pictures showing people how to wash their hands  ???

When we are travelling later in the year if other people are wearing face masks I`ll be an **** ole (person) wearing a face mask. I`m not worried by germs (although if people don`t know how to wipe and wash maybe I should be)
 .... I`m more worried by crazy people, I wouldn`t want to upset anyone by not wearing a mask.

And ... I wouldn`t want plane crazy  knowing I`d been getting some airmiles, so its a handy disguise.

Col
... I am warmed by winter sun and by the light in your eyes.
I am refreshed by the rain and the dew
And by thoughts of you...

zigzig

• Acre
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2009, 19:10:45 »
I wonder what the egyptians will do next time someone gets Man Flu ?? ;D ;D :o :o

Never mind that. What will they do with tourist flu? It might mean that tourists can go round with out being hassled every 10 yards.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2009, 21:18:43 »
I tried to ring the NHS helpline but I couldn't tell what they were saying-there was too much crackling on the line!  ;)

Baaaaaaaa

• Acre
  • Life's a treat for those who bleat.
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2009, 03:47:22 »

Just for you..

Isle of Wight flu is really nasty. It's not fatal, it just makes you wish you were dead

And there's no Oinkment available to calm the rashers.
Maximus, Procerus, Vegetus

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2009, 08:47:05 »

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2009, 09:22:15 »
I tried to ring the NHS helpline but I couldn't tell what they were saying-there was too much crackling on the line!  ;)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2009, 09:25:28 »
I see according to the bbc an outbreak of swine flu in the US in 1976 killed 1 person, and the vaccine killed 25

Manouche

• Acre
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2009, 20:48:17 »
Like Robin of the Hood say's ...switch off your televisions.

I agree.... get out to your gardens and allotments and concentrate on growing all that healthy food.

Life's a lottery anyway...so enjoy it while you can.

Have a great weekend folks.

terrier

• Acre
  • North Wales
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2009, 00:14:38 »

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2009, 07:27:53 »
Just to put the flu into perspective, more people have died by coconuts falling on their heads than as a result of this flu!

So as has already been suggested, go enjoy and keep that tele off. ;D

Mushy Pea

• Acre
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2009, 08:20:15 »
I like that one Terrier.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

MP

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2009, 11:41:13 »
One good thing to come out of it (hopefully) will peopel will stop calling a cold "flu"..... I've had influenza and if nothing else I will never call a couple of days lying in bed zonked out on lemsip "flu" again..... I lost six weeks of my life and had to repeat a year of university, the second week I was basically delerious......that's flue.... it's a potentially lethal disease, a bad cold is just an annnoyance.....

On a more serious note it's just an H1N1 strain so lethality/morbidity isn't that high, it kills less than a percent of thoise infected a fair distance removed from the  2.5% that the 1918 pandemic managed.

One thought that proves what a bunch of idiots I live amongst..... I went to the supermarket on Friday as I was off camping that night with some mates.... A stadnard part of my camping equipment these days is a tube of alco-gel hand disinfectant.... except I couldn't get any for love nor money because it's all been bought by people who think they can stop transmission of an airbourne inhaled viral disease by using an antibacterial hand gel.......

chrisc

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal