Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 2714 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2009, 18:07:21 »
I agree whole heartedly with what you say Betty. We do have a big problem with dog fighting here in Brum.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2009, 18:27:00 »
Shirl, I dread it when I see this type of dog being walked in our park.  My dog Graham is off the lead in the park and is not aggressive towards other dogs but Vera will bark at dogs she doesn't know.  If one of these Pittbull types came over to us and Vera started barking it would probably attack her and then turn on Graham.
It's got to the stage now that I won't walk in our park without my friend and her two dogs.  If she can't come, I take V and G round the allotments instead.

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 18:35:46 »
We have had several dogs over the years but I am always afraid that they will be attacked by other dogs. Tony had to walk them cos I was too afraid. The last dog we had Bruno had to got o our son in Durham cos he has a big garden and so wouldn't need walking. A lot of youngsters on our estate have staffs and I dread the day when 2 of them meet. Tony loves Staffies and he had one years ago before they became so popular and she was lovely.. I do know that where you live the youngsters are using their dogs as weapons. Something has to be done about this problem.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 19:28:52 »

This awful news,  where are the watchdogs [ sorry - pun ] when we need them  ---

poking thier noses into something insignificant !!         >:(

It is beyond belief that people can't walk thier dogs in safety, in fear of attack to thier dogs or
    themselves in a local ' friendly ' park.

I thought there was a law against dogs who were a dangerous breed, muzzles etc 

- don't get me wrong , I know there are lovable Staffies out there and good family pets,

But --  in the wrong hands you can make any dog a killer. !!

floss xxx

Hertfordshire,   south east England

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 20:09:33 »
Flossy, there is a law against dangerous dogs but it doesn't seem to be enforced.  The dogs are supposed to be neutered, muzzled and kept always on a lead.  They are not.
They are not the 'ordinary' Staffies, I don't have a problem with these.  The ones I worry about are the ones the owners say are 'Irish Staffies' or 'American Staffies'.
They look a lot different to genuine Staffies - longer legs and bigger altogether.  I'm not blaming the breed. As you say, any dog in the wrong hands....... but the people who own them seem to want them because of the macho image.  I can't imagine any of them take them to puppy classes like I did with my dogs, or encourage them to mix in a friendly way with other dogs.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 04:43:59 »
Cjb putting this unwanted pet to sleep is the kindest thing you could do for this dog. A so called 'American Staffie'  is very strong and possibily very dangerous.

It is better to know what happens to it than risk it getting into the wrong hands and the dog be abused

Squash64

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 05:37:37 »
Cjb putting this unwanted pet to sleep is the kindest thing you could do for this dog. A so called 'American Staffie'  is very strong and possibily very dangerous.
It is better to know what happens to it than risk it getting into the wrong hands and the dog be abused

I agree. Some of these dogs are being used as weapons by people.  Others are used for fighting.  I don't want to come across one in the park when I'm walking my dogs. 
We only see the lucky ones - the majority are kept in cages in sheds and never walked or made a fuss of.  They are just a commodity.
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

www.growit.btck.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal