Author Topic: Stolen Manure  (Read 23218 times)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: Stolen Manure
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2009, 20:04:52 »
When things like this happens it really takes away the joy of having an allotment. You always get a few folks on the site who think that they can flout the rules or take advantage of others when there are no written codes. 
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2009, 20:11:38 »
Kea,
This has been a long thread & I appreciate the 'wrongdoing'.
Now then:
1) Do you know who did it?
2) There's no legal/Association come back on the guilty party?
3) Approach the 'guilty party' & call a meeting on the plot.
4) How tall are you & how tall is the guilty party?
5) If the plot slopes, stand on the upside.
6) Look the 'party' in the eye/state your case/move a pace forward/ stand on his toes & nutt the bas***d.
7) Job done - no come back!
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

telboy

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2009, 20:24:24 »
Hi all,
There will probably be a load of feedback on this topic, but 'FCS' deal with these probs.
If you live in the sort of area that is affected by these issues - you have to deal with it.
It's the way of the world I'm afraid to say, there is an increasing attitude to 'I WAN'T SUMMA DAT' then 'I WANNIT & I'M GONNA AV IT'!
So what are you 'gonna do'?
Eskimo Nel was a great Inuit.

siandc

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2009, 23:04:41 »
Get a ton of type 1 or ballast (building aggregate) delivered to his plot  ;)
It won't cost you a lot of money and it'll be a real nightmare for him to remove!

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #104 on: May 24, 2009, 09:01:56 »
His letter to you can be used in court as an  admission that he took your manure.

Manure is a valuable comodity on an allotment site.

GO TO THE POLICE

We have done it when an ex plot holder took produce by just turning up and helping them selves.

The police actually got a result for us without the matter going to court and it worked out well. 

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2009, 12:18:54 »
His letter to you can be used in court as an  admission that he took your manure.

Manure is a valuable comodity on an allotment site.

GO TO THE POLICE

We have done it when an ex plot holder took produce by just turning up and helping them selves.

The police actually got a result for us without the matter going to court and it worked out well. 

I didn't because I thought I might be dealing with reasonable people who had made a genuine mistake. However now I see I am wrong, I was warned by their plot neighbour that they are not reasonable people but my view is everyone is due one chance which they have now had. I will visit my local police station after the weekend (when they're open!).

I have my own tall boys (7ft and 6ft 1") though I wouldn't want to drag them into it the biggest has just finished school bar an exam and will be helping me build raised beds so at least I'll feel a bit safer on my plot.
I have to go to the police now anyway because he has threatened me with slander for something that I wasn't the first person to say but you all probably know how it works on an allotment site when someone does something underhand not only does the news spread on the grapevine most people don't know everyones name so they refer to people by some characteristc e.g. the man with lots of chickens; the postie etc This guy has now earned himself a name and he doesn't like it.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2009, 12:52:05 »
but its not slander is it - because he did take your property. your not accusing him of something untrue.    the whole thing is shocking and i hope you get some peace of mind at the end of the day.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2009, 13:07:08 »
You've tried to do it diplomatically and it hasn't worked. If he gets away with it you don't know what he's going to take next. You say you've informed the Council; if they're responsible for lettings, then they should have had him off over it. The police are all you've got left. Stop dithering and do it, it's theft pure and simple!

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2009, 19:19:06 »
Slander comes under civil law. That is to say I can sue you for slander and pay for the trouble.

Theft, that is criminal law. YOU have the upper hand, the police protect you and take up the matter on your behalf.

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #109 on: May 24, 2009, 20:25:13 »
Anyone caught stealing on our site is kicked off striaght away !
Tell the council you have a theif on your site and they should take action !

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #110 on: May 24, 2009, 20:49:32 »
You've been very patient with these thieving arse wipes Kea, now's the time 4 action, go get em girl.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #111 on: July 01, 2009, 14:18:47 »
Time for an update.

I went to the police and they copied my letter and said someone would get back to me in the next week.......and guess what I'm still waiting :(!

Plus I had to move the manure pile it was in the way i.e. the replacement manure supposedly 'high quality 20 year old horse manure full of wiggly worms' I dispute the '20 year old...and not a single worm was seen in it.... I bagged it all up and put it out of the way, perhaps i could sell it back to them.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #112 on: July 02, 2009, 08:55:15 »
perhaps i could sell it back to them.

I think that's the best suggestion ever - divine retribution and all  ;D

p.s. don't forget to charge them for the bags  ;)

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #113 on: July 02, 2009, 17:37:57 »
I see today that two other people near me have had manure delivered in front of their plots and covered it up in the same way mine was covered up.....I wonder if theirs will go the same way.

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #114 on: July 02, 2009, 18:09:18 »
I see today that two other people near me have had manure delivered in front of their plots and covered it up in the same way mine was covered up.....I wonder if theirs will go the same way.

Well I know what I would do...

I'd get a few of my mates and in the dead of night I go and barrow it all onto the plot of the person who nicked yours in one big heap and then sit back and watch them try to wriggle out of that.

Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

ceres

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #115 on: July 02, 2009, 18:10:40 »
Like your style Plot69!  ;)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #116 on: July 02, 2009, 18:17:37 »
If I  lived close enough I would volunteer ;D ;D ;D.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #117 on: July 02, 2009, 19:22:54 »
I think we'd all volunteer.      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #118 on: July 03, 2009, 10:56:08 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Actually with their attitude it's only a matter of time before they do something to someone else again anyway...after all I was number two.

That is very tempting........

PurpleHeather

• Hectare
« Reply #119 on: July 03, 2009, 21:46:04 »

I went to the police and they copied my letter and said someone would get back to me in the next week.......and guess what I'm still waiting

You did give them your address and get a crime report number didn't you?

Odd that, you have a theft and you go to the police with an admission from the thief and they do not take it up. Crime and criminal in a neat package. They must be keeping crime figures down instead of solving crime figures this year.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal