Author Topic: What a flaming night!  (Read 12660 times)

lushy86

• Hectare
Re: What a flaming night!
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2009, 22:43:47 »
Good on yer Posie, you are really triumphing over adversity - keep it up love!  You deserve that 2:1  :)

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2009, 21:23:53 »
Well I'm a thousand words away from the limit, so almost got a 1st draft.  No enthusiasm for it today though.  Have managed to get a letter from the GP for Special Circumstances Committee and Disability team, so hopefully can get some provision made for exams and special circs to be taken into account on marking.  With any luck I won't need it, but least I'll know it's there if I'm having a bad day with it all.
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2009, 21:40:12 »
As I said earlier, I had the bolt taken out of my neck... the week before my finals. Ended with a 2:2... but that was back in the dark ages... they are more sympathetic these days...

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2009, 22:18:54 »
Hmmm  Cardiff University......sympathetic - nope that doesn't sound familiar! lol

I know it can be done and I know I'll get there in the end. Just not today. Today is tired day.  I suspect I'm suffering from acute withdrawal symptoms from gardening, any cures? Preferably that don't mean rescuing all the bargain basement flowers from Tesco which seems to be a hobby of mine at the moment! I've at least had my exam dates now so can arrange things around them if need be, I'll bloody well take them from my hospital bed via video link if I have to!!!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2009, 00:25:09 »
Posie, I have just seen this thread and am very sorry to hear about your accident and all the problems you are having.  I hope things get sorted for you soon and the pain eases.  I am thinking of you.   :-*

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2009, 22:45:37 »
Thank you, the support from everyone on here has kept me going some days. :)

Well, an announcement, the dissertation is now finished 11 days ahead of schedule, I've no idea how and I don't care, just some tidying up to do and it's good to go.  Just the essay to do now in next week, then exams in June.  Think I might take a day off tomorrow.  :)

Twoflower

• Hectare
  • Three girls and a cat!!!
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2009, 22:48:14 »
  Sunshine is good for you.  :)

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2009, 22:51:39 »
Well done posie, that is fantastic news, you should be really proud of yourself - do something nice tomorrow -  ;) 8)

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2009, 23:04:16 »
I'm actually looking forward to Wednesday when I can pick up my new old car lol - only an old astra but it's only got 53k on the clock and is spotless inside and out, was an elderly person who owned it and only ever went out in it on a sunday and polished it every week!  And it's an automatic, I've never had an automatic car, but test drive went ok and it's easier on my back than constantly moving my arm back and forth to change gears.  Fingers crossed!  :)

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2009, 23:25:08 »
I've got an auto now and I love it - fab in traffic and on hills  :)

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2009, 09:13:35 »
Well done Posie, that's such a huge achievement. I rememer finishing my dissertation and having very similar feelings but mainly relief that it was over! So I'm dead impressed youv'e done yours and in such trying circs (PAIN) ! Is there anyone who could proof read it for you, my next door neighbour at the time was in publishing and she offered and I accepted, can't remember the outcome, but I know I felt a bit better about it afterwards.
Take Care

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2009, 09:35:03 »
Well done you for finishing in such good time......I always run it to the wire! ;D ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2009, 14:46:25 »
I usually go to the wire with my stuff, but thankfully I've been reasonably organised with this.

1066 - my mate is going to read it for me, because I know I always read what I think I've written!

Looking forward to getting it bound and submitted now, that's if my supervisor ever decides to get back to me  >:(

Just been to Lush, so I intend to spend several days in the bath with every possible product in it!

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2009, 14:51:56 »
Just been to Lush, so I intend to spend several days in the bath with every possible product in it!

No thats the way to celebrate  ;D  ;D  ;D

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2009, 22:30:37 »
It sure is! Got my new car today, it's an automatic astra and apart from a problem with dodgy valve, which the dealer sorted on the spot, it's fab.  Nice and easy to drive and the seat moulds to my back which is good.  Back was feeling better today and yesterday, then I carried the shopping, now it's killing me again.  Obviously not as good as I thought it was! Hey ho.  :)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2009, 22:31:43 »
Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know how to lift curses, cos I'm sure I'm under one! The dodgy valve is back and the car cut out on me going round a corner, now has to go back to the dealer on Monday!  >:(

On a plus note, the dissertation has been bound and submitted a week ahead of schedule.  So that's one less thing to worry about.  :)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2009, 22:55:02 »
Well I've had another xray today and it wasn't good.  My spine has collapsed further, have to go back in 2 weeks time for another one, potentially a brace and I'm still waiting for mri scan to find out why it's deteriorating as fast as it is.  I swear if one more doc prods me in the fracture and asks me if it hurts I will kill them - yes it bloody hurts! Funny that!  >:(

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2009, 20:54:42 »
posie, I've been following this thread, wish there was something I could say..we're thinking of you and sending positive vibes, if that helps..did yo get your car fixed?
tell the doctor, before he prods you, or get hold of his bo**ocks and do the old' you hurt me, I'll hurt you'  :)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2009, 22:24:59 »
Thanks manics.  Car going back Wed, valve was replaced with 2nd hand one which is doing same thing, fair play to the dealer though he's been no trouble getting it sorted, wish there were more car dealers as honest as him.

As for the back, it's the frustration I find hardest to deal with.  I've missed a good chunk of planting time, can't dig, can't really do much of anything to be honest.  I'm not the kind of person to sit still, it bores me.  Her solicitors are still ignoring mine, so no liability admitted for personal injury which is really winding me up.  But hey ho life goes on, some days are ok, some days are pants.  The really ironic thing is 3 days after accident my physio therapy referral kicked in for the neck problems lol and now they can't touch it until rest of it sorted!  Joys of NHS.  Had reply from my complaint to ambulance service, turns out that it wasn't equipment failure that caused me to go careering around the ambulance in transit, but dozy paramedic hadn't actually fastened it in  >:( >:( >:(

• Hectare
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2009, 07:49:20 »
Aw Posie, I hope your having a brighter day today.
And would it be totally inappropriate to start cracking dreadful jokes about "bracing" yourself  ???  ::)  :P

Take Care

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal