Author Topic: What a flaming night!  (Read 12559 times)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
Re: What a flaming night!
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2009, 22:40:48 »
Yep glad insurance is sorted and Uni playing ball.  Had call from casualty doctor today to confirm that spinal team want to see me next Wednesday.  Apparently another bit of my spine has collapsed and they don't understand why I have the existing problem with my neck/upperback at my age (35) so they want to investigate for underlying causes.  hey ho.  :-\
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2009, 08:23:37 »
they found mine at 38, posie, no underlying causes, just manky genes  ;D
hope the pain's subsided, we had a car crash 10 years ago, I was awarded 75.00 as my condition was pre-existing  ::)
I did, however get paid for 12 weeks off work as I was in a  collar.

little pud

• Half Acre
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2009, 08:39:32 »
next time order something in, glad your ok though  ;D

little pud

• Half Acre
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2009, 08:47:55 »
Hi again, reading about your P.I claim, the same happened to me, didnt have a crash but was injured at work and as the claim went on I didnt get a penny as I suffer from ankylosing sponylitis which affects every part of the body and as it was an existing condition thats how they got out of it. hope you have better luck with yours!. take care.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2009, 15:23:52 »
Pain still pretty bad, got lidocaine patches now which help a bit.  Only pre-existing stuff I have is at neck level, never had any problems with rest of back until accident.  Will know more Wed hopefully.  As for personal injury claim, I'm more relieved that car insurance sorted, not really comfortable with whole personal injury thing.  And yes I will be ordering in next time!

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2009, 20:20:17 »
Well it appears I have a fractured spine.  I have to have another xray and a scan next week to try and find out extent of it and to sort out what treatment.  Feeling v low now.  Someone up there really doesn't like me!

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2009, 20:24:52 »
Oh Posie, no wonder you're feeling low! Do hope they can sort it out soon for you xx

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2009, 21:02:08 »
Thanks Caroline.  Think I'll just climb under my duvet for a few days.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009, 21:06:33 »
Posie, You have certainly been dealt a bum hand. Hopefully they can do something for you to ease the pain. Thinking of you.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 05:42:23 »
Thanks Lorna.  I now have to decide whether to try and sit my exams at the normal time or postpone them until August, but that will mean graduating in December instead of July.  Everything is a right mess at the moment.

• Hectare
  • And all that ..... in Hastings
    • Promenade Plantings
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2009, 09:17:24 »
posie, I just caught up with this, your poor thing. A fracured spine - no wonder your'e in so much pain! And as to what to do, that's a really tough decision about your exams, when do you have to make a final decision?
Take care and thinking of you

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2009, 12:09:44 »
Dissertations are bloody hard mental and physical work, are you sure you are up to that at the moment? I know the temptation to get it all over and done with is very strong, but it may be more annoying if you do it and don't do yourself justice. I'm not sure sitting for hours on end typing will do your back any good at the moment, and you really do have enough on your plate don't you! :-\

I had a back injury at work and was off for 6 months, luckily I haven't had too many problems since but I am always very wary now with lifting etc. These things have a habit of taking time to sort, so don't be hard on yourself, if you are hurting you can't ignore that and carry on tempting as that may be!

I would be tempted to put as much as you possibly can on the back burner (no pun intended!) until you are feeling much better, then you will feel mentally and physically more prepared to do your best in the exams. Life eh! Hopefully it will be on an uphill climb soon..... ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2009, 22:31:09 »
Well yesterday I had my woe is me, the whole world is against me so I'm just going to lie here and cry duvet day.  Today I got up with all guns blazing, no stupid car crash or dippy stupid driver not paying attention is going to cost me my degree state of mind, a stomach full of pills and hit the dissertation full on.  I'm now just 2k off having the 1st draft done.  Did a very stupid thing and kind of bent from middle down to stretch and boy did that fracture have something to say about it!!! Went a funny shade of green and had to lie down for an hour!  Have probably overdone it today, but I feel better mentally for having accomplished something even at a shuffle pace, will take it a bit easier tomorrow.  Thanks again guys.

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2009, 22:52:42 »
Hey Posie thats brilliant - good for you.  Obviously you don't want to over do it but sometimes pushing yourself on is the best way.  You certainly sound stronger mentally which is a good part of the battle.  Good luck with the diss, first draft of these things is always the hardest bit of the hill to climb!

Keep positive  ;D

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2009, 12:07:15 »
Blimey, you did well getting so much done, how many words is your dissertation? It took me two weeks of pain to do 5000 words for my latest assignment, and as usual I had to cut it back to keep within the +/- 10%.... :-\
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2009, 16:09:20 »
Dissertation is 10k.  I'm still about 2k off it though as I paid dearly for that big push.  Trying to do some today but the concentration level is non-existent at the moment, tablets make me feel like a flippin zombie and don't seem to be doing a great deal for the pain, although my coccyx is a lot easier, it's the fracture that's causing the most problems now.  Very weird wandering around knowing that your spine is fractured.  Solicitors are practically rubbing their hands with glee now,wish I felt the same.  Hey ho, life goes on.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2009, 16:25:46 »
You look after yourself, you know what it's like, sometimes you are in the mood and can type for ages, it just flows....other times, you have to force it and end up editing half of it away afterwards! Do as much as you feel able to...have they given you more time because of your injury?

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2009, 16:54:30 »
Special circumstances committee don't sit until 21 April, which is 10 days before deadline, so just carrying on with it at the moment, because they are notoriously obnoxious.  I can ask for an extension but that may delay my graduation to December, which is something I want to avoid.  I intend to ask them to take into consideration my health issues and medication effects whilst completing disseration, essay and revising for the 3 exams.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #58 on: April 14, 2009, 21:33:31 »
Special circumstances committee don't sit until 21 April, which is 10 days before deadline, so just carrying on with it at the moment, because they are notoriously obnoxious.  I can ask for an extension but that may delay my graduation to December, which is something I want to avoid.  I intend to ask them to take into consideration my health issues and medication effects whilst completing disseration, essay and revising for the 3 exams.

I should blooming well think so! :o

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #59 on: April 14, 2009, 22:22:15 »
One thing I will say...if I get a 2:1 after all this hassle, then at least I know I'll have d**n well earned it!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal