Author Topic: What a flaming night!  (Read 12560 times)

THE MASTER

• Half Acre
Re: What a flaming night!
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 02:12:41 »
im wondering wot happened to the mucyD ... did you spill your milkshake  ??? ???
HE WHO DARES WINS !!!

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 07:05:32 »
As things happen in 3's have you something you can smash that you won't miss.  Do take it easy as some times it takes longer than we think for bruises to come out.  Glad you and your son are on the mend.  Regards Taurus

Lol - well I'm taking the crash as one, the flying around the ambulance as the second and the bump in mums car as the third!!!  Trying to take it easy, but I have to say it's soooo not in my nature lol.  Don't think I'll be doing any digging any time soon however.

As for the Mucky D - well my son ended up covered in 3 large cokes with ice and the rest has probably fed the rats at the scrappies!  Gutted - I was starving!
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 22:21:42 »
Posie For goodness sake go to bed for the rest of the week :) Seriously, wishing you well.

THE MASTER

• Half Acre
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 23:14:21 »
there is no better medicine for pain than laughter.

ive just got of the phone from a friend thats had cancer twice now . left her in fits of laughter. apparently the cancer is receding very nicly .

so ile send you this and hope it makes you laugh to get you better
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHYnahPkJI8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyW0riD54nY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtf859JYPoQ

enjoy  ;D
HE WHO DARES WINS !!!

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 08:33:13 »
Fantastic - Tommy Cooper and Lee Evans are my absolute favourites.  I actually saw that Lee Evans show live and I ached for days afterwards from laughing so much.

Have no choice but to take it easy now, on that much pain killers that I can't even speak for most of day let alone move.  This'll make you laugh though, Ambulance Trust rang me after I made a complaint and told me that they had no record of my "incident" and was I sure that it happened on Sunday, they have no reports of defective equipment and to be honest sounded like they doubted the whole thing happened at all!!!!!!!!!  Took them 5 hours to find it eventually - doesn't give you much confidence really does it?!

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 13:23:00 »
Now I'm really cheesed off.  Went to GP today cos pain in lower back not getting better, turns out I have a "wrenched" coccyx that's now misaligned and needs urgent physio to get it manipulated.  Feeling very fed up now and sick of popping pills.  I now have to use lidocaine patches on top of the massive doses of painkillers and I'm still trying to write my dissertation.  I know there are people in a lot more pain than I am, but I'm feeling decidedly sorry for myself today.   :'( :'( :'(

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 14:52:00 »
Ouch, you poor thing.  Is there any chance you can have a bit more time for your dissertation?  Sick note?
The Tuscan Beaneater

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 17:22:49 »
Sorry to here your still in pain Posie, you need to go and treat yourself.  ;)

A big mac OK.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 18:08:59 »
Well I was going to the cinema tomorrow, but I'm not allowed to.  Also received a call from Casualty department to say that they've found more problems with my spine in the xray taken after the accident, waiting for them to speak to spinal team and get back to me.  Think I should have stayed in bed today.

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 18:24:39 »
Oh Posie you poor thing.  I get back and neck problems from an accident I had years ago - nothing like yours tho  :( 

I really hope you get some better news soon and try and do something nice for yourself  :)

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2009, 18:32:30 »
   Posie,  you didn't need that  --  sorry you have more problems,

You are going to have to try and be a  'patient ' i'm afraid, hope that all will go

well and  remember that we are all thinking of you,

Big hug,    :)

floss xxx

Hertfordshire,   south east England

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2009, 19:05:04 »
Thinking of you and wishing you well Posie
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2009, 19:56:53 »
Just hope they can soon find some relief for your pain. No wonder you are fed up.

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2009, 22:18:50 »
The call from casualty has just thrown me completely.  They're not sure at the moment whether it's an old problem (although I certainly haven't had any pain from it) or whether it was caused by the accident.  I think I've just about reached breaking point now, had enough thrown at me in last ten days to last me a lifetime.  Somehow I have to find a way to write my disseration, an essay and sit through 3 2 and a half hour exams and so far the Uni are not being very helpful.  Sorry for moaning, just a bad day I guess.  :(

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2009, 22:22:40 »
You moan away Posie, you've got a lot on your plate, if worse comes to worse couldn't you defer and get your dissertation in next year, know its not ideal but you have to look after your health first.

Take Care

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 22:27:44 »
Unfortunately my Uni is not the caring sharing type as I've found out.  I'm trying to get the disability team to call me so I can at least get some decent seating for exams, but nobody returning my calls.  Apparently what'll they do is look at my past work, my attendance and award a degree from that, but to be honest I don't want them to do that, my dissertation is the one piece of work that will pull my averages up to ensure that I definitely get a 2:1, I don't want to risk a 2:2.  I'll find a way round it, just gotta pull myself together a bit first.

lushy86

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2009, 22:35:19 »
That seems really harsh of them  >:(

Good luck with it all, we are here for you so keep posting.  You might find theres one really helpful person at uni who'll push for you, you just gotta find them.

Take care

Lushy x
Make mine a large one!

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2009, 16:50:55 »
Finally some good news, after much wrangling I've managed to settle claim with insurance company so now awaiting cheque.  Also have an assessment with disabilities team at Uni next Tues.  Thanks for all the replies, kept me going they have.

flossy

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2009, 17:41:15 »

Way to go posie!,  [ as they say in Americi ! ]

You must be so relieved,  Ins and Uni sorted must make you feel a whole

lot better  [  hoping you're still not hurting too much ! ]       :-\

Good news,

floss xxx
Hertfordshire,   south east England

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2009, 17:58:02 »
Having had an operation on my neck (having the bolt removed) a week before my finals I found walking through the department and asking a few questions made them sit up and take notice...  :o

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal