Produce > Pests & Diseases

powdery mildew

<< < (2/3) > >>

tim:
- with a drop of detergent as a 'wetter'. = Tim

Bannerdown:
I HAVE HEARD, and I think it works as I use it.....Fill a large pan with as much Mare's Tail leaves as you can, put in two to three pints of water and bring to the boil, simmer for 1/2 an hour then strain off.  Add a little LUX Flakes and mix,  dilute 20 - 1 and spray the affected areas.   :) ;)Cheers, Tony. ;D

tim:
Has anyone ideas on how to prevent mildew - indoors?

Yes, I ventilate. No, I don't 'damp down' as they tell you. No, I don't foliar feed or similar unless the atmosphere is bouyant. Yes, they are well spaced.  So, please, why do I always get it? = Tim

derbex:
Don't know Tim, but I get it too -just on the cucumbers. The toms, aubergines &c. don't seem to care, nor the strawberries although they're earlier in the year.

Jeremy

john_miller:
It is the bouyant air that is the cause, Tim, if you want to look at it that way. Air is full of fungal spores, powdery mildew included, so there is no way of stopping infection except by purifying or drying (to prevent super saturation) the air almost completely. Powdery mildew tolerates warmer conditions than most fungi and is adapted to geminate with less condensation present as a result.  

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version