Author Topic: They're in for a shock.  (Read 1772 times)

ACE

• Hectare
They're in for a shock.
« on: January 20, 2009, 14:22:06 »
Much as I am pleased that they have a new younger president in America. But I am worried that there are a lot of people out there that thinks Barack Obama is the new savior of the western world.

What a wonderful thing it is that a coloured chap can be made President, but look what he is inheriting global warming, global terrorism and global debt.

He will have to have the same sort of team as Bush had, so the advice will be the same and he will have to carry on the same as his predecessors.

Islam will be treated the same, he cannot give everybody their money back and all the time china and russia are pumping carbons into the atmosphere he can't make the world better.

The world is a better place because o his election proves that 'colour' has been accepted at last. Thats as far as it goes.

betula

• Hectare
Re: They're in for a shock.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 14:33:14 »
Huge expectations.

Good luck to him.

Today is a day for the history books. :)

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 15:31:35 »
He will carry a lot on his shoulders.  What a fantastic day it is though.  One of those days where you'll always remember where you were I think.  I remember the day Nelson Mandela was released and never ever thought that things could move any further from that.  Good luck to him, he'll need it, but I think he'll do a good job.  Let's face it, he can't possible be any worse than that bloody George Bush!
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

les65

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 15:43:42 »
im fed up with it, every tv,radio newspaper.
apart from having a hell of a job to do he is nothing special, just a man, it makes me laugh i dont see him as a black man, or a white man, he is just a HU-man  whats special about the first black president isnt this a bit racist (singleing him out by the colour of his skin)
he seems intelligent  (nothing to do with his colour)
articulate   (nothing to do with his colour)
honest      (nothing to do with his colour)
careing  (nothing to do with his colour)
i wish him all the best, but wish people would not keep on about his colour

posie

• Hectare
  • Slowly winning??
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 15:47:42 »
whats special about the first black president isnt this a bit racist (singleing him out by the colour of his skin)

I see your point, I do think there is a lot of focus on his colour, but it's something that nobody thought would ever happen in a country that has such a lot of history with racism, so it a monumental day on those grounds.  But you're right it has nothing to with his abilities. 
What I lack in ability and experience, I make up for in sheer enthusiasm!!!

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 16:07:16 »
Well I thought he was mixed race.  I don't care if he is green, pink, or blue as long as he is the best man for the job.  Good luck to him in a very difficult job and will listen to his speech with interest.

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 16:31:40 »
Guess I'm just a bit concerned that with all the colour predudice in America, they're still more comfortable with a man whatever colour rather than a woman....
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

les65

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 16:37:09 »
i agree i think they are all expecting much more than he is able to deliver and i hope that in turn doesnt cause trouble. you cannot help but share in the excitment of the moment.
lets hope a new man has a new outlook.

Moonbeam65

• Half Acre
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 16:49:21 »
I think he will be like every president before him he will be taken aside and told this is what you can do and this is what you will not do and if you don't do what you are told then your term in office may be a short one.

mat

• Hectare
  • Ryedale, North Yorks. Sandy loam, over sandstone
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 17:09:28 »
Well, I say "good luck to him" and I hope he does manage to reduce the conflict between USofA and everywhere else...  He has a tough job, but I am pleased for America that they have got over some of the racism and brought in a black man - this is what has made history and many of us are pleased about (and I am white.)  He certainly seemed the most "geninue", articulate and roundly educated of all the candidates...  We'll have to have an open mind and see what happens.  Nothing changes over night and I think people will be a bit nieve if they expect it to

... However I *will* be pleased when it is all off the news all the time!!!

mat

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 09:11:17 »
Just to deviate from the original topic for a mo, I think it's wonderful to hear the people of America celebrate their new president so much.  I don't agree with their devout patriotism of America can never do wrong, but I do admire it.  Watching the news yesterday and this morning, it was refreshing to hear so many people say they were proud to be American and proud of their country on such an historical day.  When was the last time you heard a Englishman say such a thing when the likes of Heath, Calllaghan, Thatcher, Major, Blair or Brown got into office?  Good luck to him :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal