Author Topic: Why did you choose your screen name?  (Read 12761 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Why did you choose your screen name?
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2009, 12:59:13 »
Did you ever go to the Ace cafe, Ace?

I always thought that's where you got your name from apart from being ACE :D

Chloe

Used the original one when we used to race the juke box and got called the 'ton up boys' But I have not been to the resurected caff. I should go to a rockers reunion there,  but they make me feel old.

Chloe

• Half Acre
  • I am very proud of that
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2009, 13:07:49 »
I remember going on the chicken run down the North Circular from the Ace cafe, hanging onto the back of my boyfriend.

Did you go to The Busy Bee too?

The down side of having a boyfriend with a bike was at the sign of a spot of rain we all had to go home so the bike didn't get wet ;D ;D
Chloe:)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2009, 13:57:10 »

The down side of having a boyfriend with a bike was at the sign of a spot of rain we all had to go home so the bike didn't get wet ;D ;D

That was chivalry in them days. I was the same, it saved my ole lady from having to polish the bike. ;)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2009, 15:11:16 »
I went to the ACE cafe, and I rode on the back of a motor bike doing 100 mph without a crash helmet.  Told Dad I wore it but left it hidden in the front garden amongst the flowers.  My ex-husband did trials and he used to boil his chain in the kitchen on the gas cooker.  He even went to bed with his motor bike, when he got it from Spain.  I remember doing the scoring with 2 children and a dog whilst he did trials, and it was so cold and I was stuck in a field all day.  Then he went to the pub and got drunk.  I learnt to drive so I could drive him home with a trailer, two children and an alastian dog on my lap.  Oh happy days.  My mother was right, I should have married the man from the Young Conservative Club that was rich, but a bit boring.

luckydog

• Half Acre
  • Montgomeryshire
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2009, 15:48:15 »
My dog's name -  ::) ;D

Real name - Jan

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2009, 16:29:05 »
I wanted to be Freddie cos thats the name i use everywhere else (its my parrots name) it was taken so it became a play on my real name which is Deborah but only when im in trouble rest of the time its Deb or Debbie

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2009, 17:19:39 »
Fork cos Im a tool  ;D ;D ;D
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2009, 17:50:08 »
Fork cos Im a tool  ;D ;D ;D
  ;D ;D ;D
You couldn't make it up!

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2009, 17:59:19 »
Georgie, I thought your name was Georgina, never dreamt it had to do with George Best  ;D

Well, I didn't know you were so naughty.  ;)  ;D

G x
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2009, 18:32:18 »
I'm liking this thread, I wonder if anyone changes their name after this and if you had under your new name formally known as, so peeps didn't get confused, because Georgie ( real name Beryl )   gets confused easily these days.              ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2009, 23:13:35 »
Gawd I did this - had Downtoearth aka Ninnyscrops for ages, then felt sooooo sorry for the peeps that typed all that lot in a reply  ;D

Hope I didn't confuse you too much Beryl, sorry Georgie  ;)

Linda

Sinbad7

• Hectare
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2009, 23:48:42 »
I started out good Georgie and stayed good for a long time, then naughtiness crept up on me and I kinda liked it ;D ;D ;D.

Then I discovered my allotment and it showed me the error of my ways and I started to collect seeds and plants and slugs and snails and made compost and shovelled manure ???

Sinbad

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2009, 09:25:24 »
I'm liking this thread, I wonder if anyone changes their name after this and if you had under your new name formally known as, so peeps didn't get confused, because Georgie ( real name Beryl )   gets confused easily these days.              ;D ;D ;D
Beryl Best    ;D ;D

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2009, 13:09:17 »
It had to be short, I'm from NZ so it had to be a bird.....Kiwi is a bit obvious and taken plus I wanted something from where I come from near the Southern Alps. The Kea is the worlds only alpine parrot, it's quite a character and very tenacious but not very popular with skiers and farmers.

On my last visit to NZ with my English husband (his first) we stopped at Fox Josef glacier and he was rather started when i got out and removed the rubber from the window wipers before we left the car in the car park. When we got back the neighbouring vehicles were having or already had the rubber removed by a group of Keas.
They usually behave like a band of drunk teenagers except they are also very smart, they can solve highly complex puzzles.

PS I'm not at all like a Kea I just like them..sometimes!

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2009, 21:15:29 »
OK, Ruhbarb Thrasher, wherever you are - 'fess up  ??? ??? ??? ???

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

I have been a Rhubarb Thrasher since about 1974, together with for instance DJ Mark Radcliffe, novelist Jonathan Coe, and the Vicar of Alderholt (to name a few) Elton John also must have had a soft spot for it too. Look us up!

not been here around much. Lethal combination of ISP woes and a touch of the winter blues  ???

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2009, 21:51:05 »
corny,
Rhubarb Thrasher will be a stackridge thing
i know I'm old but they sang dora the (incredibly irritating) female explorer in  71
i didnt know they had reformed, tonnes of good memorys there
lbb
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 22:24:17 by littlebabybird »

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2009, 22:01:09 »
Always loads of Maggies about, E is for my unmentionable first name and 3 gs because every other combination of letters and maggie seems to have been used. ::) ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

Peasticks

• Half Acre
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2009, 22:36:31 »
I don't know where my name came from, my OH wanted me to call myself Peat Potts

jaggythistle

• Acre
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2009, 09:06:59 »

THISTLE = Because I am Welsh  :P ;D ;D

JAGGY refers to the plant being sharp (bit like me) up here you would refer to it
  being jaggy

bluebedouin

• Quarter Acre
    • The Friendliest Auction Site On Earth !
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2009, 12:51:12 »

Flossy is the name of my very first cat, she was a kitten when I was about 3yrs,

--  don't like my screen name in  ' caps' , but my son put it in for me and he is '' quick ''

on the old key board  --  too fast for me then, but not now !

floss x

[ name is Jan   short for Janice ]
If you go in to;
Profile>Modify Profile>Account Settings you can change it to lower case.You'll have a window pop up that says you've changed your email (you haven't)but will be sent a reactivication email.Just click that & bob's your uncle. :)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 13:02:54 by bluebedouin »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal