Author Topic: the ultimate beginner  (Read 4958 times)

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
Re: the ultimate beginner
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2008, 19:54:21 »
Good luck with the plot. From the pics it doesn't look bad once it has been strimmed  ;D Get hold of some manure if you can and use it to mulch the beds once they are dug. From the pic it doesn't look too bad in terms of perenials which is back braking work. If you fancy some japanese onions to put in send me a PM. I went to our allotment shop tonight and they were trying to get rid of them. I asked for 100 sets and got probably 300 for £1!

simmo116

• Acre
Re: the ultimate beginner
« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2008, 18:21:49 »
3rd day and have over half dug! i think me and the miisus over done it today am absolutely knackerd! lol. tomorow going to get some onions in that a very friendly neibour lottie gave us this afternoon(about 50 or so sets!) already got some strwbs in wich i felt rude to refuse. have put them in but will move when raised beds go in. load of seeds came today aswell cabbage onions and snips(oh i just love roast parsnips) thaks for the tip cornykev ill move plastic to the undug area tomorow i think we have dug enough for now.i had to laugh becase when i unrolled the plastic it seemed to get the atention of a few lotties asking "how much you pay for that mate?" and "did tony(site seceratary) give you that" it seems plastics a bit of a rarity on our site carpet and cardboard prevail!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal