Author Topic: Who do they think they are kidding.  (Read 6220 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Who do they think they are kidding.
« on: October 20, 2008, 21:57:52 »
I have had the misfortune tonight of working in the lounge, where the Yeti in pink knickers is watching the goggle box.
I don't know why but the commercial breaks have been really annoying me. Gingsters pasties all ingredients sourced in Cornwall, watch the small print at the end subject to seasonal supply Misleading or what!  Macrapdonalds, all ingredients sourced from local/irish farms. Supposedly grown by dad and his kids. [spoiler]BULLSHIT.[/spoiler]

Bold washing powder, smells of diamonds. Err, excuse me! could you please tell me what diamonds smell like?

Where's the trading standards people surely they should be doing something about this blatant lying.

Come on, give us a few more that get on your tits nerves

betula

• Hectare
Re: Who do they think they are kidding.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 22:02:15 »
That one they all cry in cus they are eating some kind of butter :D

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 22:04:58 »
That one they all cry in cus they are eating some kind of butter :D

Clover

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 11:18:25 »
The ones for ladies sanitary stuff... why do they always seem to focus the camera on her bum.

Diamond smell... it is White Diamonds the perfume by the way!!

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 11:33:51 »
And why do they have to SHOUT !! i mute any ads that decide i need to be shouted at !
And show me a woman who has a 'happy period' !!!!!

Flunky

• Acre
  • In Sunny Narfook.
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 11:36:03 »
the one where it says "tax doesnt have to be taxing" blummin well does !!!!!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 11:50:37 »
ALL OF THEM
I've resorted to muting the tv  ;D
we complained to the trading standards about talk talk..they were advertising free broadband, we signed up and them were told not going to get it free for the foreseeable future..trading standards said "as long as they have a disclaimer in the advert, somewhere (like in small writing), they're ok  :o
the one where davina macall has her hair done, at the bottom it says styled with hair extensions !!!
also, one of the mascara ones says some lash extensions used !!!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 11:55:54 »
I'm having a very quote filled day... Here's a link to Bill Hicks on Marketing people (WARNING - IT HAS QUITE A FEW SWEAR WORDS IN IT)... It's had me laughing out loud again!

http://sennoma.net/main/edits/Hicks.html
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 12:13:16 by OllieC »

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 12:00:37 »
We ALWAYS mute every set of ads. Is it me or are the ads louder than the actual programmes still...?

When the boys are home, they laugh at us for rushing to mute the TV  ::)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 12:59:41 »
lauren, I'm glad it's not just us, we've started muting the news, the weather is bad enough  ;D
my grandson asked me why we mute adverts, I told him because they're only trying to make us want something we don't need  ;D

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 13:08:47 »
You are not alone we ALWAYS ;D mute all adverts,  when we record it is lovely just speed through them Yeeeeeea!!!!!!.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 13:14:39 »
The mascara ones really make me laugh..they advertise that they will give you double the length of previous mascaras.. they have been saying that since I was a teenager,, we would be combing and curling our lashes by now if that was true.

The anti wrinkle ones,especially the one that advertises wrinkle filler...polyfilla for the face??

How do you mute them automatically?

What heppened to the good ones like the Smash advert with the spacemen,I should look on youtube to see if it is there.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 13:15:35 »
Oh it is! (along with several tributes!)...

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 13:23:37 »
I put them on pause, get a cup of tea and then fast forward to the programme. Ah the joys of sky +.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2008, 13:28:50 »
I tried to put the post on for Smash and it went wrong.. maybe someone else can do it?

XX Jeannine

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 13:43:14 »

Bold washing powder, smells of diamonds. Err, excuse me! could you please tell me what diamonds smell like?

diamonds most certainly do smell, it is a new way of sourcing them through certain mineral gases, but doubt this is what bold is referring to - does it mean the smell lasts forever like a diamond - obviously never bought one for anyone then  ;D

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2008, 13:45:01 »
I tried to put the post on for Smash and it went wrong.. maybe someone else can do it?

XX Jeannine

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uKt-KR1TsRg

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 13:50:47 »
Omg... the other thing about TV that reallyyyyyyyyyyy annoys me is. As soon as a programme starts they nearly all seem to be following an American format.....I mean, they say.....

"Coming up in the show tonight", then procede to show you the contents of the programme.....Huh!.... no surprises.....No point in watching now then...I either mute it... or turn off.

BBC News does this too.... and seconds later they repeat what they have just said.  :(

Climbs off soap box  ::)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 14:30:59 »
Predictable format - see the first part, then the ads. Return to programme - got to have a recap of part one just in case (1) the viewer's attention span couldn't cope with the ad gap or (2) viewer has just joined prog and is incapable of picking up a no-brain story line part way through.  Then a bit more programme, then repeat the whole cycle again for the next set of ads.

Watching TV is a grim ordeal.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
The Tuscan Beaneater

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2008, 15:03:51 »
they most certainly do up the volume when the ads come on......I don't care what they say.  We watch Alibi channel on sky and there is an M&S advert first and last in the break and both are at "normal" volume and very noticeable it is too.  Ads that grate:  Cilit Bang, Iceland and Nationwide.....I could so easily smack that chubby chap .... :o :o
twinkletoes

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal