Author Topic: we had enough spuds for dinner!  (Read 1317 times)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
we had enough spuds for dinner!
« on: August 17, 2004, 13:14:33 »
Harvested our penultimate bag of spuds at the weekend, thinking I'd have to go to teh supermarket to buy a few more to give us enough for dinner.

But there were enough! Four charlottes weighing 11oz in total. OK a little bit on the big size, but they were yummy - probably the best out of the different types I've grown this year.

And what's more they didn't break up when I cooked them - they threatened too, but I cooked them much more gently than the others. I think I prefer this to shop bought, hard spuds as they take for ever to cook!
gone to pot :D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re:we had enough spuds for dinner!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 13:29:30 »
Excellent.  So how do you plan to grow your spuds next year...the same way again or do you have a patch of ground to try??

My sis has one of those spud growing bins and she planted golden wonder.  Tipped them out at the weekend and filled a big bucket!  Don't know the weight, but I was impressed - none were whoppers, but they were all reasonable sizes, and no pest damage at all.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re:we had enough spuds for dinner!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 13:33:54 »
I'm hoping to try them in the ground next year - or at least half of them anyway! I've certainly learnt a lot from them this year.
gone to pot :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal