Author Topic: Can anyone help us?  (Read 2626 times)

cambusallot

Can anyone help us?
« on: June 23, 2008, 09:32:01 »
Hi Folks,
I am new here and I was wondering if anybody can offer the benefit of their experience or advise us. We have set up a new group here in Cambuslang near Glasgow to develop a new allotment site.
Has anyone else had such experiences? We would love to hear about triumphs or pitfalls that might help us.
www.geocities.com/cambusallot

Thanks for any help that anyone can give.

Sinbad7

• Hectare
Re: Can anyone help us?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 09:45:07 »
Hi Cambusallot, welcome to A4A.

You don't say how much land you have to turn into allotments, how many people you have, so far, that are interested in organising this with you etc.

I'm sure people will be able to advise you with a bit more information.

Sinbad

cambusallot

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 16:05:29 »
Thanks Sinbad for your helpful comments

We have only been formed for about a week! Our aim is to secure allotments in our area which at the moment has no allotments at all. Our local council South Lanarkshire provides two sites but both are a little distance away and have a lengthy waiting list.
We are trying to either - Persuade our council to provide land to turn into allotments or secure fundinng to preferably buy or lease land for alltoments. We are right at the begining of our journey and would appreciate any advice from anyone who has been in the same boat, or folk with helpful insights

Thanks.

cambusallot

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 16:06:51 »
Forgot to say there are three of us at the moment but its early days and we are looking to grow.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 19:41:01 »
hi, cambusallot, welcome to the site,
I'm sure there was a discussion about this before, don't know if search would find it  :)

Belinda

• Half Acre
  • Still learning
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 10:53:01 »
Find 3 more people and start writing to the council seems to be the way to go according the the NSALG.

http://www.nsalg.org.uk/# - Q2

Might be worth contacting them for advice

zac

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 12:59:18 »
chat to NSALG BUT DONT JOIN THEM BE AWARE THEY ONLY ADVISE COMMITTEES AND NOT MEMBERS, SO DONT WASTE YOUR MEMBERS MONIES, AS I FOUND AT MY OWN COST WHEN IT WAS TO LATE
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 13:01:05 by zac »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal