Author Topic: Lose weight with us here!!!  (Read 43991 times)

carolinej

• Hectare
Re: Lose weight with us here!!!
« Reply #260 on: May 12, 2008, 21:04:39 »
Suzanne,perhaps its just fluid. You know what us girlies are like for water retention from time to time ::)

cj :)

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2008, 09:33:00 »
Sorry to hear you have had problems Crystalmoon.  I tried the Atkins diet a few years ago but avoided fat.  I lost a stone but it went back on very quickly when I came off the diet.

Suzanne, maybe you have been replacing fat with muscle.  I agree with Carolinej that it could be fluid retention as my feet were very swollen yesterday.

I am continuing with my steady "cutting down and working hard in the garden" diet and my loss for this week is 1½ lbs, making a total loss of 6lbs.

How is everyone else doing?

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2008, 09:40:41 »
Hi there theothermarg the surgeons have put me on a really restrictive diet for now...no dairy, no meat or fowl (fish is ok but not fried), no fried foods, no white carbs, no gluten, no sugar, avoid processed foods as much as possible, no brassicas, no fats like butter or margarines, no tea or coffee, no tap water  :-\ the list goes on & on......this is supposed to reduce the stress my gall bladder & liver is under & hopefully will enable the inflammation to reduce ( my intestines are also inflamed). They think there are some underlying food intolerances that are also causing immune system problems. I hope once they have done all their tests & decided on a course of treatment that I can expand what I can eat because salad has already become boring  ::)

Hi bupster, yes I wondered about the Gi/Gl diets. Will ask the hospital about them.

Hi Suzanne, I also wondered about joining weightwatchers but as Im living on a really tight budget Ive never got around to it...I think its the having to pay each week even if you dont attend that puts me off...is it like that where you are? If I could go twice a month & didnt have to pay for the rest of the month I could maybe afford it.

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2008, 09:44:33 »
Hi Paulines7 I guess the diet the doctors have me on is low carb low fat so I expect I will lose weight but I dont think it is sustainable due to being so restrictive so expect I will gain back what I lose  ::)
I think in the long run I really will have to learn to eat only to satisfy hunger...I know I often eat when Im fatigued & should just go to bed alot earlier than I do  :-\

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #264 on: May 13, 2008, 11:12:41 »
Me too, especially at work - will eat sugar just for an energy boost. I reckon that if I got to bed an hour earlier each night I'd lose weight so much more easily, but it's dead easy to have an extra couple of glasses of wine instead. I'm rubbish  :-\
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #265 on: May 13, 2008, 16:17:28 »
Tiredness is my main problem! I reckon my bod thinks tiredness and anxiety
and hunger has all the same feeling and what is the easiest, quickest thing to do about it, eat of course1 my main problem is that I get up 5-30 am and work till 10am but OH is still wide awake at 12 and has only just had his breakfast when I get home  He is not in the best of health so doesn,t work
christlemoon it sounds like with that diet your weight might get sorted tho it,s a hard way to find out that fat doesn,t suit you. I hope you will be able to eat a wider range of food soon
I went to slimming classes once, hated it! and I,m far too tight to part with that kind of money to get bossed aroundlol
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2008, 00:56:50 »
Agree with everyone - I often can't sleep so have used food in the past to replace sleep. It's a killer trying to lose weight and still not sleeping - my OH has given me a new nickname - snapdragon  ::), and unfortunately mentioned it to some work colleagues so it's starting to stick. You would have thought after the 20 years we have been together he would have learnt by now. Ah well revenge can be so sweet.  ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2008, 21:03:54 »
Hi Suzanne, I am a non sleeper too, and I can relate. I think the lonliest thing in the world is being awake when  most everyone else is sleeping. I got so cranky with my poor husband when he could sleep and I couldn't I am surprised he is even here bless him.

Trouble is now (and for sometime too )I have given in and take a pill. I sleep easily but would you believe the side effects are eating, honest I am not kidding. As the tablet starts to work I feel I want to eat, if I don't eat I fall asleep just fine, but if I do eat a little bit, I eat more and more and more, it is as if my body has lost the cut off feeling that we get, and worse still the craving is for sweet things which I usually don't eat anyway because I simple don't like sweet stuff, It is really weird.

I guess we just can't win on some things eh!

I have lost 5 1/4 pounds this week, too much but don't know why I am not doing anything different from the weeks before?

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2008, 21:29:48 »
I have lost about 6 pounds so far over about 2.5 weeks. I am eating low fat, low calorie, but am not starving myself. I am doing alot of exercise though; Swimming 1/2 mile every weekday morning and going to a 2 classes and 1 session on my own in the gym per week. Obviously the lottie too, but Ant does most of the hard digging on that!  :P

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #269 on: May 16, 2008, 11:50:10 »
just bumped this up from page 2 to bragg about another 2lb loss making 34lb this year so far
well done jeannine and sparkly
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2008, 14:33:19 »
just bumped this up from page 2 to bragg about another 2lb loss making 34lb this year so far
well done jeannine and sparkly
marg

Just poking my beak in to say well done, Marg!  I hope someone is patting you on the back, very inspirational!  :D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #271 on: May 19, 2008, 23:26:40 »
Weight watchers this morning and have shed another 2.5 pounds, so another bag of sugar slips away.  Exercise is key for me and gardening in the heat is helping.  I have also started picking salad leaves from the allotment so lovely home grown salads are on the menu from now on.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2008, 07:01:13 »
  I have also started picking salad leaves from the allotment so lovely home grown salads are on the menu from now on.

It is definately easier to loose weight in the summer for me. I dont like salad in the winter....far too chilly. I'd happily have a meal of tomatoes fresh from the greenhouse, and still warm,mmmmm.

I weighed this morning, and have lost a total of 8 pounds now. (I cant remember how much since last time ::)) I am really pleased. Yesterday, I managed to get a pair of trousers on that I had long given up on. I had to give them a go, as my usual ones are loose enough to fall down!!! ;D

Well done to everyone with their weight loss. It is a real inspiration to see your success ;D

crystalmoon, I hope you are feeling a bit better now. Have you had the OK to eat other foods yet? I bet the weight is shifting, being so restricted in what you can eat!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #273 on: May 26, 2008, 18:48:16 »
Well done Carolinej, great to wear smaller c;othes. I seem to be stuck at about 11 pounds but not going to worry about it. Keep going folks . Ra Ra Ra...XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #274 on: May 26, 2008, 19:13:04 »
11 lb is certainly not to be sniffed at!!

I've only lost 1 lb in last week. My excuse is it has been too wet to do my usual long walk every day ::)

Must try harder >:(

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2008, 22:34:50 »
I've been reeeeeally lazy and rubbish, but running Race for Life on Sunday so not all that cross with myself. After that I might go back to being stricter, because I look completely different to the way I did in January and would love to see what I'd look like if I lost the same again!
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2008, 22:58:15 »
I haven't been reporting lately, but I'm off on holiday for 8 days starting tomorrow, so I am happy to have done what I set out to - and that is get down to my weight level of May 2003 (70.5kg). I just hope I won't gain too much while I am in Spain because I now feel comfortable in trousers I haven't been able to wear for more than 3 years. All my jeans are really baggy. A good reason to buy some new ones  ;D ;D.

Tricia

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #277 on: May 28, 2008, 09:13:06 »
Although I am not taking part just popped in to see how you are all doing. Well done and carry on the good work.
Have a great holiday Tricia.

Suzanne

• Hectare
  • sun is shining
« Reply #278 on: May 28, 2008, 12:55:49 »
Sorry I didn't post last week as I mssed my weigh in - as we were off work we went to a restaurant instead after working on the garden all day.

Anyway did got the weigh in this week and I have lost 2 lb over the two weeks - so currently averaging 1 lb a week. So for the 8 weeks I have been on the diet I have lost 8 lb - slow going - but perseverance will pay off (I am told). I have 14 weeks to go before my big French holiday - so if all goes well I should hit my target well before then.
 :)

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #279 on: June 05, 2008, 07:09:42 »
I've lost another 2lb. That makes 11 in all. It was a bit of a goal for me to reach 9 and a half stone, so I am well pleased ;D

That's 133lb. My next goal is 130 lb.

Keep up the good work everyone!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal