Author Topic: Lose weight with us here!!!  (Read 43486 times)

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Lose weight with us here!!!
« Reply #300 on: July 16, 2008, 23:58:10 »
Well done ladies, well done.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #301 on: July 17, 2008, 07:04:47 »
That's amazing!!

cj :)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #302 on: July 17, 2008, 08:34:06 »
You must all be very proud, I usually look in on thread about once a week to see how things are going.
Caroline, well done Gypsy, at the moment Elsa is laying beside me snoring her head off, will show her your post when she wakes up!!!!

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #303 on: July 17, 2008, 08:39:43 »
Hi everyone, well done on all your weight loss, really gives me hope that i may be able to do the same  ;)
My health problems got worse unfortunately & I am awaiting results from biopsies taken from my bowels  :'(
Surgeons still havent made a decision about removing my gall bladder...think they are waiting for all the results of other tests first (have had to have a complete body scan which was really scary).

Only been able to get to my allotment in fits & starts but hoping to get down there today for a good few hours. Not allowed to use the gym either yet  ::)

As soon as I get the go ahead I will be following your dieting tips theothermarg....well done on your awesome weightloss  ;D (would be very grateful if you could give an example of an average days food/meals & also what specific exercise did you use?) Thanks

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #304 on: July 17, 2008, 08:42:39 »
Crystalmoon, hope they soon sort your health problems out.

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2008, 06:25:03 »
Is it too late for me to join you ladies?

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2008, 07:22:39 »
Of course not ;D

The more  the merrier.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2008, 18:00:55 »
Hi all, just checking in..not losing anything but not gaining anything either.
School is out in a few days,plan this break to getting my life back to a normal routine again which should include eating more regularly.

Hope you are all doing really well.

Hi Caroline..

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #308 on: July 18, 2008, 18:08:26 »
Hii Jeannine ;D

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #309 on: July 18, 2008, 18:18:47 »
Um now how do I start saying why I'm FINALLY trying to lose weight? lol

OK here goes,,,, OH has developed very swollen legs and has had many investigations to make sure its not his heart, it isn't, but it is his weight. OH weighs nearly 26 stone. Veinous insufficiency.

I stopped Nursing to care for my Mum who has Alzheimer's and so have put on a lot of weight myself through comfort eating and over large portions.

So, to help OH I decided to book us both into the nurse lead clinic for weight reduction, the Healthy Eating and Lifestyle clinic we have at our doctors surgery.

My target was 12lbs my OH target was 5 stone, in the same time frame!!!!!!

So far I have dropped a jeans size, from size 22 to 20, OH has dropped nothing!! Grrr!!!

Anyway I got fat eating relatively healthily (never eat puds or sweets as I love savoury food) so Ill get thinner eating that way just smaller portions and not so much cream in the cabbage or butter on the spuds etc.

I am going to suture OH mouth closed if he doesn't lose any weight!

OH and I don't weigh myself as I know I would be horrified so I go by jeans sizes. I have jeans from size 12 to 24 in my wardrobe. :(

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 18:22:42 by Ishard »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #310 on: July 19, 2008, 23:11:28 »
Sounds like a great reason to me, well done to the size drop, good luck with OH it will happen if you are determined,takes a while to get into the mind set i think.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #311 on: July 19, 2008, 23:19:50 »
I think it's like stopping smoking. It's something in your subconscious that says: I can do this now and you do. Sticking to it is something else but if your mindset is right it will happen. It doesn't really matter what you do either - a healthy eating plan with regular meals backed up with exercise at whatever level you can is often all it takes.

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #312 on: July 20, 2008, 06:07:36 »
Thank you Jeanine.
I have told OH that it is up to him to lose weight as he is ultimatly responsible for what he eats whether I am with him or not. Its his body that is rebelling!

That is so true Grawc, it is a mind set, but he gave up smoking so I know he can do the healthy eating thing if only he would try!!

Example; yesterday we went to buy a new petrol stimmer for the allotment and on the way is a restuarant that serves a chinese lunch 'All you can eat buffet' OH said "Lets call in and have a meal"
My reply was "No sweetie we would eat too much but if you really want a chinese meal lets have one tonight but one dish each only."
OH went mardy all afternoon as he cant see what healthy eating is!!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #313 on: July 20, 2008, 10:52:02 »
My problem is, I am so busy that I eat very irregularly, I don't eat a lot, but I do eat on the run. I don't eat out either,I am just too picky fir that!! Then I am not as mobile as I like due to a problem from ealrlier in the year.

The best way I lose weight is when I have the time to plan,then I have to eat 5 times a day and never miss, eat at the table not on laps.

I tend not to eat at all till I feel faint, then I do eat, not a lot, but I have trained my metabolism to slow down so much.. I have to get back to eating much more often.

It seems daft to say it, but eating 5 times a day and I do lose weight.

School out after Tuesday so I will get the chance!!!

Ishard, take him shopping straight after dinner!!

XX Jeannine

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #314 on: July 20, 2008, 11:53:15 »
Jeannine you need to put yourself at the top of the list and make it happen! Once you've lost a bit - even a few pounds - you'll begin to feel better, clothes will quickly feel looser and that is motivation in itself.

I kind of missed the boat in April, but like you, now I'm on holiday, I've made a start and already I feel the weight peeling off. Not fast enough for impatient me, of course, but fast enough that, even after a few days I'm feeling things a bit looser than before.

One strange side effect, as someone who has dieted before and never had this experience, is that I am sleeping 10-12 hours a night (normally 6-8). But then I think probably I'm catching up on all the sleepless hours since Peter died.
Anyway todat for the first time in over a year I don't feel tired, so that's progress too!

Off for breakfast now at 11.52!! :-[

Ishard

• Hectare
« Reply #315 on: July 21, 2008, 06:26:11 »
Jeanine eating 5 or 6 times per day is a good way to get your metabolism kick started, so Im told. Its what the Slimming World diet is based on.

Eg. Bfast 1 egg (poached) 2 rashers bacon (grilled), tinned toms

snack; 1 carton cottage cheese, 1 apple

Lunch; 2 slices wholemeal bread (no butter), salad  and 2 slices lean ham, 1 low fat yogurt, 1 piece of fruit

Snack; 1 small tin of tuna (not in oil) 2 crisbreads

Dinner; Small baked potato, grilled meat or fish, any veg and/or salad, home made fresh fruit salad and yogurt

Snack; 1 cup of soup, 1 fruit

I know I lose weight on that sort of diet and am never hungry, but cannot always make time to do it.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 06:31:36 by Ishard »

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #316 on: July 25, 2008, 18:04:40 »
Broke my ankle in June and thought I'd put on all the weight I'd lost, especially after 16 days in hospital unable to get out of bed and eating rubbish food. Strangely enough, I've actually lost some! I think it's a combination of not eating as much, as I haven't so much appetite, eating often to keep up my metabolism - have to eat often as otherwise painkillers knock me out - not drinking at all (reckon this is a big contributor) and sleeping more. I know that when I'm gaining weight I do the opposite of all the above. Hope it carries on, would be ace to be slimmer when I finally get to go back to work, even if I will be the palest person in the office!
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #317 on: July 25, 2008, 19:48:19 »
8lb in 3 weeks :) yippie

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #318 on: July 25, 2008, 22:26:45 »
Well done ;D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #319 on: July 27, 2008, 14:10:30 »
Well done Cam, that's a good deal to lose especially when you have been on a diet for a few months. 

My weight is beginning to go down but very slowly.  My ankles are not swollen now so that may account for the loss of weight, but at least I am ½ stone lighter than I was in April and they weren't swollen then. 

One problem is that I have a very low pulse.  It was 36 on one occasion and 39 on another.  I have to see the Cardiology consultant on Thursday.  I do plenty of exercise, for example, I have been digging the garden this morning and putting in some plants.  I am now off to dig up the garlic and put in my sweetcorn which are still in pots and the cobs have already formed.  I hope they survive.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal