Author Topic: Any Swindon Allotment holders about  (Read 83984 times)

Fluffnco

• Half Acre
Re: Any Swindon Allotment holders about
« Reply #40 on: February 29, 2008, 18:39:22 »
oo...so when did you get your plots?? If there's an apple tree I'll be well chuffed :) always wanted to be able to pick me own apples. Just shows how excited i was today...I never noticed an apple tree

gardening-gal

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #41 on: February 29, 2008, 18:52:04 »
I am so pleased I am not the only one getting so excited about sheds and water butts and I was pleased to see rhubarb in my plot aswell. I've tried growing that at home with no luck.
 I have two apple trees in my garden at home a bramley and a Scrumptious.  My plot is not that big so I won't plant any trees on it unless I can figure out how to do cordons.
 Have a great time tomorrow, will be thinking of you, I'lkl be up on my plot digging weeds tomorrow. I think its supposed to be dry but windy, I'm happy with that  ;D

Fluffnco

• Half Acre
« Reply #42 on: February 29, 2008, 18:54:25 »
I am so pleased I am not the only one getting so excited about sheds and water butts and I was pleased to see rhubarb in my plot aswell. I've tried growing that at home with no luck.
 I have two apple trees in my garden at home a bramley and a Scrumptious.  My plot is not that big so I won't plant any trees on it unless I can figure out how to do cordons.
 Have a great time tomorrow, will be thinking of you, I'lkl be up on my plot digging weeds tomorrow. I think its supposed to be dry but windy, I'm happy with that  ;D

if it's dry but windy that will be ok with me too...got two half plots full of weeds if you wanna come make it a three some ;)

caseylee

• Hectare
« Reply #43 on: February 29, 2008, 18:55:55 »
Im sure the apple tree is on your plot.  I got my plots in september last year but only starting digging recently cause of the weather, I really need to sort it out  cause spring is upon us.  Hello Gardening gal sorry I mean to say that tons of message back.  I am so excited about growing my own, but I hate this weather with all the mud, I think once my raised beds are in on the second plot then I will be happy.  I love going down there, but I have to walk there and back with two boys and I feel like a nutter walking home full of mud lol but tomorrow I won't care cause I am so bored at home andI wan to get stuck in

caseylee

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: February 29, 2008, 18:58:28 »
feel free to come and weed mine aswell, mind you at least I have someone to talk to tomorrow, there is another lady further down the lottie but I don't want to just walk up to her and talk, I will have the nice flask of coffe tomorrow and my weed material and starting planning my beds, and me and fluffnco will be sorting out the plots cause the wonderful council have not labeled them correctly so counting in steps it will be

Fluffnco

• Half Acre
« Reply #45 on: February 29, 2008, 19:03:34 »
are you living around the parks area too Caseylee? can always give you a lift if it's cold and your too much of a 'muddy mess' to let loose in swindon with two young boys :P Can't have their street cred dented now can we? :D No probs if you'd rather walk though :)

caseylee

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2008, 19:06:29 »
cheers for the offer but my two brats make me take them on there bikes, ( little nutters they are) and I really need the exercise lol, its not to bad its about 20 minutes cycle home.  Do you live in the parks area

Fluffnco

• Half Acre
« Reply #47 on: February 29, 2008, 19:08:51 »
covingham ( st pauls drive area) for me...garden like a postage stamp lol

caseylee

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: February 29, 2008, 19:11:45 »
Im by goddard park school by welcome avenue side,  I have a large garden but my kids have claimed it with the swimming pool summer time so I can't dig it up

Fluffnco

• Half Acre
« Reply #49 on: February 29, 2008, 19:36:27 »
Im by goddard park school by welcome avenue side,  I have a large garden but my kids have claimed it with the swimming pool summer time so I can't dig it up

had to google but know roughly where abouts you mean now :) Not origionally from Swindon...moved here 7 years ago from ant n dec land to be with my partner lol

caseylee

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2008, 19:40:29 »
Im orginally from south africa myself moved here about 10 years ago.  How old are you if you don't mind me asking, I'm 29 almost the dreaded 30yrs

Fluffnco

• Half Acre
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2008, 19:43:09 »
I'll IM you that info :P lol

caseylee

• Hectare
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2008, 19:49:11 »
no probs, looking foward to meeting you tomorrow at least hatton close it getting busy now, when I first joined it was just me, then a gentleman and his young son came to plot 2, and a lady at the far end came afterwards.  I love it there, its open and relaxing, and when summer comes and hopefully I have a shed by then I can put a table and chairs out and spend the day there

Fluffnco

• Half Acre
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2008, 19:52:08 »
yep...that's what we are looking forward to although the OH is trying to wiggle out of all but the tending to the chillies at the minute  ::) will have to sort him out asap ;)....will build a makeshift BBQ and have sweetcorn fresh from the plant along with other things after a hard days work ;)) or just sit n have a natter with fellow plot owners ;) watch the weeds grow or something like that :D

I think summer will be fab down there :)

gardening-gal

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2008, 08:11:47 »
Hi guys have you got your wellies on yet? have you made flask of tea? ;D
  We are going to the garden centre first to get some small forks and trowels for the kids. Last night we picked up a big barrel to use as a water butt so we need to get the fixings for that aswell. Don't you just love Freecycle
 Have a great day don't work too hard.

caseylee

• Hectare
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2008, 08:30:55 »
Morning Gardening Gal, waen't the wind terrible here last night I though my house was going to blow away lol.  Well I have just finished all teh housework ( kids had me up at 6) adn am busy cutting my weed fabric to make my no dig beds, then its get the kids dressed, get there tools packed, make coffee, juice and a snack for the boys, its like being in the army.  We are going to pop down to the lottie at about 10 and then my othe half is going to pop down with a few more things for me.  I can't wait its been so horrible latley so Ihaven't been down there so I dread to think whats waiting for me

Fluffnco

• Half Acre
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2008, 09:10:33 »
morning ladies :D Late rise for me this morning after rescueing my mini greenhouse from the pond at stupid o'clock this morning!! What a wind :(

At least it's brightenend up and stop raining now though :)

Just having cuppa and got a few bits n bobs to get and I'll be on my way to the lottie :D woohoo!!

gardening-gal

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2008, 09:19:11 »
The wind took half the recycling boxes down the road last night. I usually like listening to the wind when I'm in bed but it was a bit too gusty last night. Thankfully everything is intact in the garden I just hope the Lottie hasn't blown away  ;D

caseylee

• Hectare
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2008, 09:22:27 »
my compost bin is prop on fluffnco site by now lol, well bags are all ready boys getting dressed and off we go for a heard day of labour

Fluffnco

• Half Acre
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2008, 09:45:53 »
probably right at other end of site :D.....right I'm going to go make my flask up, find a shop to buy some garden canes and twine and I'll be right there just after ;) cya soon

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal